586,011 active members*
5,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Welding Brazing Soldering Sealing > 4 in 1 Plasma Cutter/TIG Welder, advice please
Page 1 of 2 12

4 in 1 Plasma Cutter/TIG Welder, advice please

I'm looking to start equiping my shop with some machines. I did a search on Ebay, and found a 4 in 1 welder/plasma cutter. Its an Everlast Super200P. Input is 220V@25A. In Plasma mode, 60% DC @ 50A, 100% DC @ 40A. In TIG mode, 60% DC @ 200A, 100% DC @ 160A. 200 Amps arc MMA, 60% DC @ 200A, 100% DC @ 160A. It has high frequency start, AC/DC/Pulse Welding. Comes with air regulator, Argon regulator, foot pedal, torch, etc.

I've heard many negatives for multipurpose machines, but, I'll be using this for hobby/handyman projects.

I'd appreciate any comments and/or advice.

TIA, Bill

i myself have purchased a no-name plasma cutter off of ebay and i am completely satisfied!! this little thing is awsome! i'm not completely sure about the multi process machines. i have learned that despite the many different "no name" brands of plasma cutters/ tig /mma/arc machines on ebay, most of them are made by the same chineese company. i dont remember the name of the company right off hand. if you look at several machines from various sellers, you will notice a striking resemblance between them. they just give it a different name and paint scheme. more than likely it is made by the same company that made my plasma cutter! i couldnt be happier with it!! not to mention i got it for about $350.00 shipped!!!!!!! if you purchase the machine, be sure to post a review about it because i too am looking into on of these all in one machines. good luck!!

Cool

It's a Chinese Riland welder clone.
    I have nothing against chinese welders, but most descent quality machines are Riland re-badges without Riland support. The others are Riland clones that take whatever quality level Riland does have, and does it even cheaper.
    There have been Riland clones found that literally have fishing line tied off to hold parts together.
    I have a rebadged Riland. The first one burned up inside of afew uses because I didn't know you had to check / adjust the points on the HF board. The replacement shas been used very often over the last year and has been fine.

The typical Chinese welder story is if you don't break the machine from operator error, or the machine itself is broken inside the first few uses. You won't have a problem with it.

My advice is to buy a real Riland welder, from one of their dealers that's been at it awhile. Storts and PK have both been around along time.
    My other advice is if yours doesn't tell you about adjusting the point gap. Find the info from another China clone, open yours up and check it every month or few. It's an inconvienance, but when they're adjusted it's rediculous the HF power they have. My little 110/220v CT-416 (40amp plasma) will HF arc through rust and scale much easier than the 100amp powermax1650's I use in the shop at work.

Plasma consumeables wear alot faster. Be sure to use the long stem electrodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
    It's a Chinese Riland welder clone.
    I have nothing against chinese welders, but most descent quality machines are Riland re-badges without Riland support. The others are Riland clones that take whatever quality level Riland does have, and does it even cheaper.
    There have been Riland clones found that literally have fishing line tied off to hold parts together.
    I have a rebadged Riland. The first one burned up inside of afew uses because I didn't know you had to check / adjust the points on the HF board. The replacement shas been used very often over the last year and has been fine.

The typical Chinese welder story is if you don't break the machine from operator error, or the machine itself is broken inside the first few uses. You won't have a problem with it.

My advice is to buy a real Riland welder, from one of their dealers that's been at it awhile. Storts and PK have both been around along time.
    My other advice is if yours doesn't tell you about adjusting the point gap. Find the info from another China clone, open yours up and check it every month or few. It's an inconvienance, but when they're adjusted it's rediculous the HF power they have. My little 110/220v CT-416 (40amp plasma) will HF arc through rust and scale much easier than the 100amp powermax1650's I use in the shop at work.

Plasma consumeables wear alot faster. Be sure to use the long stem electrodes.

Your machine did not burn up because of the points, they are only adjustable for arc starting purposes. Your's blew up for some other reason.

Longevity plasma cutter

Has anyone heard anything about the Longevity plasma cutters, the price seems quite reasonable but I've never heard of them before.
    Yeah, but it'll cost ya'

Quote Originally Posted by tmechanic View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about the Longevity plasma cutters, the price seems quite reasonable but I've never heard of them before.
    Hello,

We have been manufacturing Plasma Cutters and Welders much longer than our competition. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our sales staff at 1-877-566-4462.

We will be more than happy to help you choose the right Longevity Plasma Cutter or Welder.

Thanks
    Longevity Welders, Plasma Cutters, and Multi-Purpose Units
    Toll Free: 1-877-566-4462 or 1-877-LONG-INC

I have imported from China and sold these welders too. I currently have one of the AC/DC TIGs but haven't hooked an Argon bottle up to it yet. I have however used the Cut-50D Plasma Cutter. It worked good but it took for god damn ever to cool off after the circuit protection kicked on. Also I think it's duty cycle might have been a bit over rated. However for the price you pay for them they are still a good deal. You can check eBay for competitive pricing on the same welders.

If the productivity of the machine is not a primary concern for you, as it wouldn't be with most hobbyists, inverter welders like these offer attractive prices and features.

Hey,

Do you know this diesel generators? I need one, but i dont know. Can you say me if that is a good diesel generators? or some plasma cutter? tig welder?

https://www.everlastgenerators.com

thanks

3 in one welder life

One way to make your 3 in 1 tig/plasma cutter/stick welder last is to to turn the machine off and wait about 5-10seconds before changing the function switch from or to the plasma cutter function.This reduces the arcing on the relay contacts that are used to change to the higher output voltage needed for plasma cutting.
    CNM

Quote Originally Posted by cyclenorthman View Post
    One way to make your 3 in 1 tig/plasma cutter/stick welder last is to to turn the machine off and wait about 5-10seconds before changing the function switch from or to the plasma cutter function.This reduces the arcing on the relay contacts that are used to change to the higher output voltage needed for plasma cutting.
    CNM
    There will be no arcing on the function relays switching contacts as long as you do not switch while in the middle of actually cutting or welding. Hope this helps.
    www.GiantTechPlasmaCutter.com

I'm looking at that same unit, but not from ebay... ran across a local dealer on craigslist, and gave him a call.
    Good customer service, but you have to pay shipping to them for returns (shipping to you is included in initial purchase).
    The only weird thing I see with the Super200p is the amps control on TIG... when using the foot pedal, it controls all the amps, and is not capped at the machines control panel. T
    Also, they don't offer a remote torch either... you'll need to adapt one if that's how you roll.
    5 year replacement warranty, 30 day money back trial.
    Check out this forum: http://weldingweb.com/
    Here's their website: http://www.everlastgenerators.com/pr...tegory-58.html
    Gunny says: "This is my riffle, this is my gun,
    This one's for fight'n, this one's for fun."

3-in-1 Plasma Cutter/Tig Welder/Stick Welder

Hello,

If you are looking for a reliable 3-in-1 Combo unit, we sell a very high quality machine at a very good price. We sell on ebay or our website, www.uwelding.com. We sell a lot of great products for welding. Visit our website for information on all of our products and dealer information.

Lotos Technology

4 in 1 Plasma Cutter/TIG Welder, advice please

We are an owner-operated company with experience in the welding and generator industry.
    Get more information ARC welders and plasma cutters kindly visit online:
    ARC Welders

Relays arcing

Quote Originally Posted by GiantTechGuy View Post
    There will be no arcing on the function relays switching contacts as long as you do not switch while in the middle of actually cutting or welding. Hope this helps.
    Only the AC/DC models may do this because of the idle current. I can't see why anyone would want to change function in the middle of a weld or cut ,but it will do a number on relay contacts if you do.
    CNM

I just bought a Multiplaz 3500 plasma cutter and welding set-up, does all your cutting, welding and brazing from 240 volt 15 amp domestic supply, and no compressor or Argon gas bottles to rent.

Details and videos on web site Multiplaz 3500.com
    Ian

I know of a company that supplies plasma cutters having dealt with them recently. Here is a link to them: Plasma Cutting Machines

Inverter welding equipment from china

I was a dealer for one brand and then was a repair center for another and the thing with these units,ALL these units, is the lack of good quality control and pride of the workers to make a good machine(they have to work so fast and hard just to keep there job they never get the chance to think) When I started checking EVERY unit from the first brand I had NO problems from quality,the second brand, if it left the door with the right color cover it became someone else's problem.No one tells everyone there NEW unit works great because THAT'S WHY you bought it,but if it quits after 20 seconds and you have to get on the phone or email to replace it ,twice,EVERONE knows you got some junk!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lotosteck View Post
    Hello,

If you are looking for a reliable 3-in-1 Combo unit, we sell a very high quality machine at a very good price. We sell on ebay or our website, We sell a lot of great products for welding. Visit our website for information on all of our products and dealer information.

Lotos Technology
    Reliable 3-in-1? Lie...I bought one of these from uwelding...day one ...no arc..ok maybe small issue...call, email uwelding...did that... month later they barley respond to you...when the do they refer you to a help page that may or may not have anything to do with your model machine. Go ahead...call them...it's an answering machine. At this point $700.00 wasted!

Ahhh, don't get too despondent.....if'n you strip it down to all the components you can sell them on Ebay to those guys that like building up home made welders.....the value of the parts will get you more in the US than they cost the Chinese to make the whole thing.....volume buying power, so you end up with a whole load of parts that would normally cost you double if'n you was to buy them from your local electronic supplier.

They do the same thing with an old lathe...strip it down and sell all the parts off......car strippers do the same.

BTW, you can quite honestly say that the parts were never used...LOL.....when you get the courage to open it up and start stripping you might find that it was something simple and can fix it.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Ahhh, don't get too despondent.....if'n you strip it down to all the components you can sell them on Ebay to those guys that like building up home made welders.....the value of the parts will get you more in the US than they cost the Chinese to make the whole thing.....volume buying power, so you end up with a whole load of parts that would normally cost you double if'n you was to buy them from your local electronic supplier.

They do the same thing with an old lathe...strip it down and sell all the parts off......car strippers do the same.

BTW, you can quite honestly say that the parts were never used...LOL.....when you get the courage to open it up and start stripping you might find that it was something simple and can fix it.
    Ian.
    So I should give up on lotos...sell off the parts and use the money to buy from some company that actually cares?

Page 1 of 2 12