584,863 active members*
4,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 131 12341252102
    well I did make contact with the e-bay outfit today. I did get to talk to this Keith at a (603) area code is for new hampshire.

everything seems good I got quoted for a dule drive 5x10 with 6HP spindle Vcarve, dust collection, freight, mach interface, starter bit set, 10 hp vacume table all for $14,911.00

it all sounds to good to be true. they say they are the engineers that designed it and it is assembled in china then shipped here.

now the web site is www.tribalmarketinggroup.com

but it is just a home page and all the links are dead on it. when I call the number it seems to ring to a cell phone.

all this for 15 thousand seems good and all but I am not sold on what is really going on here. something seems out of place. there isn't even a name for this machine.

this could even just be a home based business. when I went to sh-cnc I could see it was a real company with employees. I really want someone else to speak up here about this cnc but it seems there is just one person on here who has one. I have got pm's from a member who says this machine is ok but I am leary yet. later

yeah screw that e-bay guy all his stuff looks like a scam. there is only one person who has this machine and I would not be suprised to say it is the same guy that is trying to scam people of e-bay. I just go the price list form sh and will review it.

what size and options did you go for rocket67?

WOW I can't belive that the SHMS1224D bad boy is only $42,378 a machine like that if it was american made would be over $250,000.

I am going with the SHM1530A and the chinese vacume table and pump with dust collector, Mist cooling system and tool sensor. I figure all that will be about $18,000 and even if it takes $2,000 to get it here I am going to get a whole lot more machine for $4,000 LESS than a shop sabre outfit.

what do you think is the difference in the Becker vacum VS the chinese vacum other than $1,500 less for the chinese one?

actually the chinese is 140CBM vs beckers 129CBM

I know that fourms are very hard to guage when asking what is the best machine to buy. You get comflicted answers. Fourms are better for questions once you get the machine. If some one asked what the best Airbrush is I'd say Iwata and the best vinyl printers and plotters I'd say Roland because those are what I own so everyone on here likes what they have bought themselfs. I am very convinced that SH-cnc is a straight company just watch the video on the home page there must be 300 people working there. I still really like that SHMS1224D for $42,000 but it is only a 4x8 and I am starting to look at the 5x10 so i can cut aluminum race car tin .04 alum for race car panels for local builders.

To the ausies do you fallow the World of Outlaws sprint car races. I don't know if that is what they are called there but Donny Schatz, Natalie Sather and one other guy from Fargo, ND (my town) race that circit in the US summer than are in Australia now racing then they are back to the us to race the summer seris again. we also had a group of guys that were custom combiners that used to come here from Australia every summer to custom combine the mid west Wheat.

well talk to you later I want to know what size and options you two got on your excite cnc's
    se ya

kustom and rocket you seem to be in contact with excitech.. How are you getting in touch with them? We have trouble with them and can't get any help?? Can you help?

I'm emailing Taney right now.

I have received e-mails back and forth from him.

but hold the phone I might be a idiot but What is the differenc between 1 phase 230v and 3 phase 230v power supplies?

These machines require 3 phase 230V the paint booth, aircompressor and welders that are 230V all say 1 phase on there labels. Can I even wire this 3 phase machine into my shop?????????????????

3 phase

kustom

if you are going to use this unit at a home type shop chances are you will not have 3 phase this is not uncommon but not impossible. you can get a phase conveter that will take care of this ( see website )http://www.phaseconverter.com/
    on the issue of vaccum pumps a vaccum table cost less than 450.00
    and can be machined on your new machine plans are redily avalible for free
    the pump is (8.5hp) is available at grainger for 2300.00 +/-
    i have elected to build my own
    the three phase is generally required because of the vaccum and spindle
    a porter cable 3.25hp router without vaccum will only require single phase.
    the downfall of this is it is loud!! when compared to a spindle.

cabnet

as well

because of the great number of machines in use in the sc/nc area
    there are private techs who know these machines
    hiwin bearings GREAT!! servo motors GREAT!! and if nema 34 bases they are easily available and it is possibile that these machines are single phase right out of the box it is just a mater of configuration and electric bills, three phase
    is generally not available in areas of high residential use it unneccessary

i bought a farm near a main highway and it is available i am having to put in a new service box for 3 ph and wiring to machines. it's the availibility of it thats the issue.

just the way i look at things

cabnet

emailed china

sounds like [email protected] may be in the states

i emailed him this am and need to remember tha if he is west coast he will not
    be out of bed for another couple of hours if china much longer

kustom see if you can find out where they are and if there are any east coast machines we can see

cabnet
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

k

Here is what Taney said about the wiring.

QUOTE>>>>>>>>

Dear Mr. Martin,

Thank you for your reply,
    Now the machine's power has been confirmed that we will make a special machine with 220V single phase. I have confirmed with my factory and we will order a special Frequency Inverter 5.5Kw for you.

Pls give me your specific address and I will ask my forwarder to give you a detailed shipping cost. It may need 2 or 3 days.

Looking forward to your reply.
    Best Regards
    Taney

sh-cnc

taney had emailed me before i even got to work this am

dude they can wire this the way you needed and i am so glad this came up

cabnet

carvin marvin

if you are having trouble and i am getting quick emails

would you mind sharing some more of your experience with us

cabnet

Well I get the most response from taney late evning because they are opposite sides of the world. is is 11am here but 11pm there.

I really think I am getting somewhere with him in realizing that 1 and 3 phase are different. He apparently has not had someone challenge him on that before but he seems to be aware of it now and fixed the problem.

One member that has one of these says it is like 250V and the amperage is way off. I don't want a 2000lb paper weight. I asked him if it was true that this company used to be xhyd before the name change Excitech. I also asked if there was any machines in the USA from them that I can contact. to see how this thing will play out. He is working on a DOOR toDOOR shipping plan for I don't know how hard it is to find a us port and go get this thing.

Rocket67 how many wires do you have running into your electrical box Panel? I have 4 big ones. I may actually have 3 phase here I am still working on it.

k

HOLD THE FREAKING PHONE

is this not the exact machine even the red plat behind the spindel is the samt the picture is from the same angel.

god I love the internet you cna find anything. even the xyz specs are the exact same as the excitech. HELLO

http://www.motiontek.ca/R118.html

Yeah I am kinda stupid and when I am trying to figure out something especially, somthing so big and complex as figuring this what cnc to buy. I probubly think to fast and type too much if I slowed down and double checked stuff I would not have to hold the phone so much. JK like with the whole 3 phase fiasco when I do indead had 3 phase the whole time. what ever.

as far as this motion tek I think I did a searh for

on yahoo.com

3.5kw HSD spindel

this site was at the top of the list. I fell out of my chair when I saw that picture. I know that is the same thing. even when I convert th 1500mm x 3000mm it comes out to 59"x118" that is the specs of this machine. so now ho are they? are they a distributor for this machine? like some one else sad almost all machines are made in a hand full of factories and sold under diffferent names and colors. I have to admit that if these guys admit it is a SH and are about the same price. I am way more comfortable buying from a canadian company that is 5 hrs away on land than 20 hrs away in china. You have to understand that if it is the same It makes more cents to buy from a closer distibutor. I will run these guys through the grinder tomorrow and see what sticks. Later

I belive this is the HSD spindel that is in question on these cutters.
    Taney said it was from italy and this company is from italy and called HSD. I bet they are more knolegable on this 3phase 1 phase 208/240/250 volt amperage song and dance we are trying to figure out. I may contact tehem to and I hop that carvin marvin is reading this and getting his machine wired up. contact these guys if this is the spindel you have, maybe they can helf figure out your voltage and amperage problems. later

http://www.hsd-hitec.com/eng/cont/elettromandrini.asp

more of my point here is once again the same machine without the side panels. All made somewhere sold differently.

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/CNC-ROUTER-5...QQcmdZViewItem

Page 2 of 131 12341252102