584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 34 of 41 243233343536
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
    Terry one advice i will give you.. After etching the board, solder all the tracing by hand it will take few minutes but you will get a solid PCB for long run.. Actually the small narrow tracing act like a fuse and when they breakup one can not see where they disconnected...
    Hi Khalid,

Good advice and one I will follow.

Best regards

Terry

Apologies, once again CNCZone has stopped telling me when folk have posted.

Terry: The default behaviour should be to query for a profile (I think, I'd need to reprogram mine to see).

Either way you can tell the controller not to ask on power up, this is set in setup under "Is Default Profile", if this is set to YES then the controller will use the current profile as a default when you turn it on, if NO then it will query for a profile.

Re the manual for 2.12, you can download it from my website (which I've just this minute managed to get back up after it was hacked, see my next post).

I've found a little time to try and get my website up and running again after it was hacked. It's now "mostly" there, I'll try to add more stuff when I get time. All the latest files should be present in the downloads section.

RotaryController

Hey Steve,

Kudos on getting all the info so neatly up on the website mate! Makes it too easy now. Thanks.

I found though the downloads don't appear to work?

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Hey Steve,

Kudos on getting all the info so neatly up on the website mate! Makes it too easy now. Thanks.

I found though the downloads don't appear to work?

cheers, Ian
    Downloads? Pah, you guys want it all...

Probably some kind of permissions thing (I hate web stuff), I'll take a look.

Hi Steve,

I was able to access the 2.12 manual last evening following your message but all I get now is 'Page Not Found' error message.

Best regards
    Terry

Should (might) be fixed now...

kwackers..you are really a great programmer... I wish i could be intelligent and genius like you..
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Hi Steve,

All is well, (fingers crossed smiley here!)

Regards

Terry

Works thanks Steve!

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

wiring

Quote Originally Posted by joegib View Post
    Hi Sam,

I've now obtained the keypad type you used and I certainly like the tactile feel and the ease with which I'll be able to apply lettering — see pics below:

One thing surprised me though — the keypad is simply a 4 x 4 array of switches with no circuitry or wiring between the contacts. Can you explain how you handled this please — did you make a PCB or a matrix of wiring?

Joe
    Sorry for late rely..
    I just wired it by hand point to point, never took picture of it.
    It was something like this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keypad2.jpg  

Hi Sam,

Yes, I thought maybe you'd simply overlooked my query. I've sort of set myself a goal to make a PCB to suit this unit. I'd hoped to adapt one of the PCB layouts posted by other builders using loose 4-pin switch units. After terryd15 posted a diagram of the internal circuit of a 4-pin switch it became clear they do more than simply provide a switch. In effect they also provide 2 'jumpers' via the switch body and that makes avoiding crossovers when designing a PCB much easier. Unfortunately, though, this keypad unit only provides 2 pins per switch so the only scope for avoiding crossovers is to pass traces between them and that makes things a bit more congested.

I've roughed out a layout that I think will work (see attached diagram):

— but I need to work this up into a PCB fret based on the keypad's actual dimensions.

Anyway, thanks for getting back to me. Maybe others inclined to use this keypad can make life simpler for themselves by adopting the hardwired scheme you used!

Joe

Some easy to understand Matrix keypad:
    How a Key Matrix Work

Some easy to understand Matrix keypad:
    How a Key Matrix Work

Any chance of getting source code?

Hello kwackers, thanks for this great controller, it is working great on the rotary table I built it for, but my brother has a table that has a 1500 turn to one rotation that he would like a controller for and the program as is does not support this.
    I was wondering if you could add some post processing subrountine to increase the number of pulses that are put out, like a x5 output or something like that.
    I have a friend who knows some c programming that may be able to look at the code and see if he could do something.
    Let me know what you can do, or if you are willing to release the code.

Thanks,
    Sam

kwackers Guest
    Hi Sam,

I've looked at this in the past, basically the problem is at maximum step rate the interrupts occur at 10khz and the time it takes for them to calculate the next step (and acceleration/deceleration etc) accounts for 95% of the processor time.
    This precludes (trivially) a post processor and switching the maths to 32/64 bit.

It's probably doable but would require a fair amount of reworking and rethinking how the current system works.

If your friend is interested he can look at the code attached to the first post in this thread for ideas on how he thinks it can be achieved, but whatever the solution is it can't take any longer than the current system.

Cheers.
    Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Waters View Post
    Hello kwackers, thanks for this great controller, it is working great on the rotary table I built it for, but my brother has a table that has a 1500 turn to one rotation that he would like a controller for and the program as is does not support this.
    I was wondering if you could add some post processing subrountine to increase the number of pulses that are put out, like a x5 output or something like that.
    I have a friend who knows some c programming that may be able to look at the code and see if he could do something.
    Let me know what you can do, or if you are willing to release the code.

Thanks,
    Sam

If anyone is interested I have PCB's available.
    These are £6 (UKP). (Programmed pics are £7)
    P&P UK is £2.20.

(Delivery costs are per order. Outside the UK please contact and I'll quote delivery separately).

You should be able to order these using Paypal from my site: www.worldofward.com

Cheers,
    Steve.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCBComponentSide.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	179727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCBTrackSide.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	179728

Those look really cool, what would that be in american money.

Thank You
    arche =) =) =)

Looks like you multiply by 1.5 to get $ (currently)

I'm going to add a 'shop' (I use the term loosely) on my website that allows you to click and pay with paypal. Hopefully that should remove the issues with currency.
    I'll also figure out what the rough charges for postage outside of the UK are and add some way to pay them.

Hopefully I'll be able to complete that this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep534 View Post
    Those look really cool, what would that be in american money.

Thank You
    arche =) =) =)

HI Kwackers,

I would like 2 PCB's and 2 Pics. If you have PayPal you can send me a bill that way.
    My e- mail is ' [email protected] '. To figure out the postage you need to know that I live in Vancouver , B.C. Canada.

Page 34 of 41 243233343536