Hi Al,
The input and ack you mention already exist and work - although the input is only single bit and so you can only advance the table by one division or by the same number of degrees each step.

I did some time ago start writing a programmable section which would probably do what you require but never finished it - I may look at reviving it.
Sadly it's not likely to allow more than a single input, but as long as your step follows a pattern you could program 8 (or more) absolute positions and it would step to each one in turn before looping back to the start and repeating.

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
An added feature I could see usefull is the ability to interface with a CNC mill etc, If the host machine can output say a BCD or Octal code for e.g. and a strobe bit, the rotary table controller could have up to say 8 pre-stored positions, the mill places the Octal code on the three lines and issues a strobe, the table moves to position and send a done bit signal back to the CNC when in position.
I have done this in the past with a Galil Motion card and Maple systems display, but this would require less cost & putting together.
Al.