Quote Originally Posted by wiseman9986 View Post
I know this has been asked before but I couldn't find a good answer what would be a good stepper motor and driver for a 10" rotary table
For 'normal' use a typical Nema 23 motor of around 2-4A will easily spin a 10" table.

I use a similar motor but set the current low to just over 1A and via a 90:1 worm that turns a 10 inch swing lathe head (with drive motor still engaged) along with any work in an 8 inch chuck without any problems.

As the load on the stepper gets higher the torque available falls, so worse case you may need to run it slower but for division speed isn't that much of an issue.
You can get around this by increasing the supply voltage to the driver (if it's higher than the safe supply voltage for the controller then you would need a separate power supply for the controller - a small 12v wall wart type would be fine).

So in short, find a Nema 23 motor of around 2-4A and a suitable driver with similar capabilities. (Preferable a driver with half step capability - which should be most).
The driver doesn't need to be anything clever, just a cheap driver off eBay. They're cheap enough so you can buy a spare or two, although avoid anything that uses the L298 chip and keep the voltage a little lower than the max rated voltage.