585,668 active members*
4,111 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Air Blast

Air Blast

hi all, I am looking for an air blast system for our VF6, the one it came with from the factory is not very good. Something aftermarket that will not interfere with the tool change (carousel type). I have just started looking so........

What is it that you don't like about the system? Are you using it for cooling or clearing chips & coolant at the end of a cycle?

I assume you're asking about the telescopic system on the adjustable mount. I have it on my VF-2 but I've only played with it so far.
    Greg

jybute, try Exair they have great products. http://www.exair.com/Cultures/en-US/...tion/Products/

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
    What is it that you don't like about the system? Are you using it for cooling or clearing chips & coolant at the end of a cycle?

I assume you're asking about the telescopic system on the adjustable mount. I have it on my VF-2 but I've only played with it so far.
    I am using it to clear chips during an operation. I cant seem to get enough pressure out of it. This isnt necesarily a fault of the machine, but the tool we are running produces so many chips, so quickly, that the 1000psi through coolant system isnt even strong enough. We have to come up with something soon, cause these endmills are amazing and it is a shame that we cant use them properly.

Wow,
    What type of endmills are you using and what are you cutting? Can you add more volume of coolant like the Fitz-Rite endmill holder? It has holes in the end to blast chips. This worked for me on an aluminum job.

Let me know.

The mat'l is 4145 Hmod (28-32Rc) I am using an ISCAR 1/2"Ø Solid carbide. 2x doc (thats right 1" doc) 700 sfm .002 ipt. Lots o' chips. My through coolant is coming through the collet. What system is that, Fritz Rite? Where do I find this?

FitzRite

jybute,

The FitzRite holders have holes in the end of them that may give you more volume than a collet. www.fitzrite.com. Can you "T" off your coolant line and run an additional line into the machine with a high velocity nozzle?

Those endmills sound great.

good luck