Does anyone know how to separate the 90V DC power supplies and the GE spindle driver from the AB circuitry?

I'm in the process of retrofitting a Hardinge HCNC with an Allen Bradley control. Unfortunately I started out with an Ajax/Centroid unit, got burned along with burning out a few items on the Hardinge, sued their butts and got my money back including for the burned out items.

After getting all the junk off of it, although I did save the axis and spindle encoders, I hooked up some Rutex drives, a 90v dc and 12v dc power supply with Mach3 and now have the slides moving and the machine is now lubricating with a lot of wiring juryrigging.

I'm now at the point of needing to control the spindle. I've been looking into the ac motors and VFC controllers. The down side of this is there is no real low speed and almost no torque at the low speed whereas the Hardinge dc motor gave me all that. The spindle was operating with no problems when the AB control got tired and died and it would be nice to continue using this motor and system.

After looking around in that cabinet, there should be a way of separating the AB control wiring from the dc power supply, regenerative board, and the GE Hyak controller and run them with a +/- 10v control.

Also, is there such a voltage control that can be directly controlled with Mach3 without the use of relays to control the direction of the motor? Somewhere in all this, there has to be an output signal that energizes a solid state relay that takes the brake off the motor before this starts.

I have the basic operation for the turret down. Does anybody have the coding for ModIO to drive this turret? The ModIO board should be usable on Mach3 and EMC.

There are pages and pics of the Hardinge progress on my site at http://www.janick.com/cnc.

Any and all input and help would be appreciated.

Nick