585,708 active members*
3,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Mitsubishi Meldas L3

I am trying to get a Leadwell GTC-20 Lathe going. The tech guy from Mitsubishi was a big help but I had to "re-boot" initialize the control. I lost ALL of my parameters and am looking for someone to help me. Is there anyone out there who can send me the parameters from their machine? I called the former owner and they did not have them backed-up.

This is a start-up of a used machine. I have never had a Mitsubishi control before and it is not obvious where to back-up the parameters in the screen menu.

Thanks for reading.

This is my message to Leadwell:

I am trying to fix a Leadwell Lathe.

The guy we're buying it from had an issue with the screen not coming on at all and called in a service guy. He rebooted the system.

The lathe now comes up with the screen OK but the thing will not home. The turret is off location but seems to work fine. The chuck works fine. The Tailstock works fine. The machine shows no alarms but will not jog in MPG mode.

All of the programs are gone. The relay#11 is blinking to indicate an alarm but the alarm page does not show anything. There was a coolant alarm but I filled it up and it went away.

Can you point me in the right direction on how to make this thing move in X or Z?

LEADWELL SN L29302015

320162 UNITJ

Mitsubishi Meldas L3 Controller

Main BND-271W000-B2 SV1 BND-507W000-A7

MACRO 261W610-B0 SV2 507W000-A7

PLCv GTCW2A3-1

BOAD SP1 550W004-C3

Formating the L3

Formatting should not do anything to your parameters, but make sure you have a back up incase. If you enter the parameters through the RS232 port, make sure you write down the I/O parameter settings. These will have to be set first before you can load parameters into the machine. But, again nothing should happen to them when reformatting. Below is the format procedure from the book. The fixed P parameter is in the Machine parameter area ((1001) ( ) (M)). Program delete is in the Data IN/OUT area (Erase soft key). The entry of standard fixed cycles is done on the Data IN/OUT area (INPUT soft key). Make sure you push the Input key after each step.

1. #6 fix_p (1) INPUT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Machine parameters

2. #( ) Data ( FORMAT) INPUT>>>>>>Data IN/OUT Erase

3. #( 4) Data ( ) INPUT>>>>>>>Data IN/OUT Input

4. #6 fix_p (0) INPUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Machine parameters

Cycle Power
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Format.jpg  

Please help me. How to re-boot initialize the control Mitsubishi meldas L3?

Thank you

You can I believe still get the L3 manuals off the MEAU site.
    I think the T3 is the same.
    Here is a couple of PFD's.
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thank you for your help.Meldas M3/L3 series using MC 161 CPU card and MC 713 A CRT card. Are they have equal method with T3 Series that used different card.?
    sorry, I have found nothing in MEAU site.
    Thank you

Re: Mitsubishi Meldas L3

We have purchased one Leadwell CNC Lathe GTC -20 Sr.No. L29303009 YOM. NOV 1994 MODEL MELDAS -L3 MFG NO. C3715870132 from the US.
    WE have facing some problem in this machine. The screen is blank. No message showing. WE wanted the solution to fix this problem.

We need this machine service manual, Electrical manual as well as meldas - L3 manual.

Re: Mitsubishi Meldas L3

We have purchased one Leadwell CNC Lathe GTC -20 Sr.No. L29303009 YOM. NOV 1994 MODEL MELDAS -L3 MFG NO. C3715870132 from the US.
    WE have facing some problem in this machine. The screen is blank. No message showing. WE wanted the solution to fix this problem.

We need this machine service manual, Electrical manual as well as meldas - L3 manual.