585,752 active members*
3,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Just noticed there is a Syil Canada site!

I haven't compared prices, but I hope they are the same or less than US prices now with the high dollar.

http://www.syil.ca/

Not too sure about the pricing of their hardware, but given that a Mach 3 license from Artsoft is $159USD, the Syil Canada "discounted" price of $230CAD seems a little steep.

Well the SuperX3 price is the same as advertised on the American site but all the options are more expensive. You could chalk that up to shipping but since shipping to the USA from China won't be much different to shipping to Canada, I see no real justification. Plus (as mentioned) Mach 3 is also more expensive without shipping involved.

But then again, no worries about duty and crap like UPS "broker" fees would likely made the whole purchase price about the same or maybe even slightly cheaper than buying from the USA.

Check out the duty on mfg products from China

China into US 3 per cent

China into Canada 17 per cent

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFLITZY View Post
    Check out the duty on mfg products from China
    China into Canada 17 per cent
    Do you have a link to that info?

Unless Syil Canada has found away around the tariff, that SuperX3 price starts to look very fair. Since starting this cnc hobby, I've been using a parcel handler on the American side. The customs people have never failed to ask for country of manufacture on new items.

@ UPS and brokerage fees. These fees are a bunch of rubbish in most cases and are applied in some weird random way. otoh they not likely to lose the parcel as Canada Post has done with a couple of my international orders. No wonder American businesses charge heavily for shipping to Canada, and sometimes refuse to ship at all!
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Syil Canada

Thank you for your feedback, we have made some price adjustments. We are trying to keep our pricing fair, but please understand that our taxes and duties are crazy for importing in Canada.

As a new distributor we have worked out some of the kinks in regards to importing to Canada, unfortunately due to the unstable Canadian dollar our prices will slightly go up and down with the dollar. We feel that this the only way to provide the best price to our customers.

We are always willing to work out the best price with our customers.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly @ 403-400-SYIL

thanks

Keith Kennedy
    c/o Syil Canada

Smile

I Received My SX3 Syil mill from Syil Canada yesterday:wee:
    Aside from some shipping delays the service and prices were good,
    And Keith was helpfull.
    We should be supporting more Canadian business, not to be American bashing but it does kinda suck when even our offshore imports come through the USA.
    How many times have you had to put up with The UPS nightmare and the
    american business that really don't want to sell outside of the USA.
    This was a wonderfull change.

Mark:wee:

Quote Originally Posted by metalbyter View Post
    kinda suck when even our offshore imports come through the USA.

Mark:wee:
    it s actually the other way around ,much of the product from china is coming thru our ports then going to the us . the ports here are being expanded to keep up

does anyone realize they sell the same lathe without the cnc at princess auto for $799 regular price , which would leave $3700 in a guys pocket to buy drivers , motors , mach3 and cad/cam software to boot
    i don t want to ruffle any feathers but isn t that a bit over priced for what you get
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Either way it was nice to be able to get the mill in canada, and for me the Syil mill is good value.
    It's been a while since iv'e been to Princess Auto but in BC I haven't seen a lathe or mill in any of their stores.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by metalbyter View Post
    Either way it was nice to be able to get the mill in canada, and for me the Syil mill is good value.
    It's been a while since iv'e been to Princess Auto but in BC I haven't seen a lathe or mill in any of their stores.
    Mark
    theyve been carrying them at the coquitlam store ,

they are sturdy looking little machines
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

after looking at princess today there is a difference between the two lathes , the Syil is bigger and looks to be built better from what i can see in the pictures , after farting around with with the one at princess they offered me sale price so i picked it up and brought it home with me , if the Syil is any bit more solid then it must be an impressive lil sucker because to my surprise this thing cuts pretty darned good

Damn, why dont they carry the same product in all their stores!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by fatal-exception View Post
    Damn, why dont they carry the same product in all their stores!

Paul
    are you refering to princess? if so you can order it into the store ,it should be in the catalogue

I like princess auto for the unexpected deals that you get at the till.

I would never have thought to order anytinng in my pricess auto. I'll give it a try... Thanks for the tip.

Paul