586,011 active members*
4,693 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mori Sieki Lathes

Just wanted to let everyone know what kind of Mori Sieki lathes we have at our shop.We have 4 NL3000,2 SL303,2 SL253 and 2 SL403. They all seem to be great machines. I recently had to change out the live tooling ring on a NL3000. I also got to help a Maruka technician put a complete turret on an NL3000 do to a manufacturer defect in the way the tool pocket holes were drilled. Is thier anybody on this forum that is knowledgable about Mori's I have some questions about the controls. I don't quite understand if the new mori's have fanuc controls with mitsubishi drives or if the controls and the drives are all mitsubishi.

i think Moris can be ordered with Fanuc,Mitsubishi,or yasnac control, all my moris are fanuc drives and controls we have an old sl3 with a 6Tb , sl4tc with fanuc 11t, zl-15smc with fanuc 16tt control and a dl151y with a 16tt control

Thanks for the info I was trying to figure out exactly what the deal was on the controls. I am familiar with fanuc but I don't know that much about yasnac or mitsubishi. Can you get a fanuc control with Mitsubishi drives on these machines I think I heard that somewhere.

Mine is a CL-20 and has a Yasnac control~
    EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

I have a CL253 and it is all Mitsubishi.

I believe that Mori is now putting Mitsubishi in the lathes, but I think the mills are keeping Fanuc. Our MT2000 is Fanuc, that's a 2000, out NL2500 is all Mitsubishi.
    You CAN do anything, if you REALLY want to, but how many people really want to?
    Kyle

I have a Mori SL-00 lathe from 1993 with a FANUC control. Mori called the control a MF-T6 but it is really just a Series 16.

It depends on the machine, NL's and the 3 digit series, ie SL, ZL, xx4 are Mits controls, the 3 digit xx3's are Fanuc control. Rumor is Mori has made some "special built" NL's with Fanuc controls but they are very few and far between. You can also look at the control number. Anything starting with 8 such as MSG-803 or MSG-805 is Mits, anything 5 such as MSG-500, 501, or 502 are Fanuc. Mori hasn't dealt with Yasnac in a very long time so it's a pretty safe bet any 3 or 4 digit series will be either the Mits or Fanuc.

I have a 2003 CL2000BT with a Mitsubishi control. Very nice! Works flawless...of course I liked the Fanucs too.

i need the parameters for my mori-seiki TL1 fanuc 6T LATHE 4AXIS please help me

Quote Originally Posted by shvavim View Post
    i need the parameters for my mori-seiki TL1 fanuc 6T LATHE 4AXIS please help me
    Did you call Mori?

HMMMMMMMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by JACKOFTRADES View Post
    Thanks for the info I was trying to figure out exactly what the deal was on the controls. I am familiar with fanuc but I don't know that much about yasnac or mitsubishi. Can you get a fanuc control with Mitsubishi drives on these machines I think I heard that somewhere.
    I think since the late 90's Mori started to use a mixture of Fanuc and Mitsi controls, I worked for Mori for a couple of years back in 00. The Moris will all look just about the same from the front and will function the same, When you get to the inside is where you find the difrence. The Mitsi I thi nk are more diffacult to trouble shoot but probobly because I have been a FANUC guy for 30 years.
    No you will not find a mixture of bothe as far as the NC goes it will either be Fanuc or Mitsi. But Mori will use some mitsi inverters in the same control witha Fanuc.
    The easiest way to tell what you got is to look in the cabnet

Bluesman

Bluesman is correct.

I worked for a Mori distributor before starting my own business. Mainly if you had a Mori lathe with a gantry, most likely you had a Fanuc control with a Mitz controlled gantry. It was quite confusing. Bottom line if the Mori control designation was an M__-5__ it was a Fanuc MAIN control, but you need to check the control for the gantry, and if it was a M__-8__ it was a Mitz control.

RRL

Good Morning ,
    I am a new member of CNC zone .com .
    I have a second hand Hitachi seiki lathe ( Model no 800 NF ) with a Fanuc 6TB controller .
    I could not start the machine .
    Please help me in getting the Fanuc 6TB parameter list , and operating manual .
    Regards

HELLO,
    I'm currently having issues calling a sub-routine (m198-m199) running from the memory and trying to pull from the tape side? i was told to use m198 instead of a standard m98 because we were pulling a program from the tape side.... we are getting a error code of ex161. illegal p value of waiting code... i know that m100 thru m199 are wait code but the distabuter said that that the code to use.... any ideals?

Quote Originally Posted by JLU-ARROW View Post
    HELLO,
    I'm currently having issues calling a sub-routine (m198-m199) running from the memory and trying to pull from the tape side? i was told to use m198 instead of a standard m98 because we were pulling a program from the tape side.... we are getting a error code of ex161. illegal p value of waiting code... i know that m100 thru m199 are wait code but the distabuter said that that the code to use.... any ideals?
    That is the correct code but the I/O channel must be set to do so. I am using a zt with a fanuc controller and the I/O channel is 15 for the user memory area or the memory card depending on the selection. You can do this by changing mapps parameter No. 1978.
    Also do not forget the called sub-program name must be O+4 digits (or 7 digits) number depending what you normally use. Example "M198 P100" the file name must be O0100 or O0000100.
    The M198 command is not available from the RS232C in the electrical cabinet and you can not call a program in an external I/O device using the M198 command from another program in the external I/O device.
    I hope this helps you out JLU-ARROW please check that this information is correct as i do not call sub-programs from an external I/O device as the machining i do does not require this. :wave: