585,663 active members*
3,096 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > help with mastercam and dynamyte 2800

help with mastercam and dynamyte 2800

Hi folks

i came to this website since i am in seriuos problems. I have mastercam and i have Dynamyte 2800. with mastercam mmmm i think i understand how the software works, but the dynamyte side is where it gets complicated(to set the connection). I try to set communication and no luck so far . I even tried to use the DOS sofware that the milling machine used in the past, and again no luck. At this point I tested the RS232 and it seems to i 'm getting output from the computer but and not getting anything from Dynamyte 2800(input or output).
    The dynamyte work fine when you do local input....it means i use the controller to input the G-code
    I woul really appreciate any comment or sugestion

thanks
    and hope to hear from anybody.:boxing::boxing:

Dyna 2800 not work if G-code

I didnt think that I would be saying this but, I seem to have hit a brick wall, I recently connected a Dyna Myte 2400 to a pc, thereby transferring programmes from controller via rs-232 to a 9 pin com port.I can upload from controller but no such luck when trying to download same to controller by incremental line by line or simply downloading a programme to the controller or directly to rs -232 on cnc and into drivers. Leads me to believe that the original software is not correct(at least the version I have) Has any one successfully run these machines through a pc without changing hardware? The Dyna Myte 2400 works very well and gives fist class results when using the controller unfortunately my programmes are may and include many and sub routines, hence pc. Far easier to write programmes on a pc with a keyboard than punching away at the controller. If there is anyone out there that has any ideas that I could try(that are printable) I would be most greatful. Regards G

I work with a DYNAMITE 2800
    And use the software: Dyna Mechtronics Communications Utility V 5.21
    He works with blocks of 900 lines
    The problem is that this software does not support computer with a processor above 166mhz!