584,826 active members*
5,232 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Haas startup error

I was loading a program a few minutes ago, and the control froze during the transfer. This was a USB port transfer. I finally restarted the machine. Now, it won't start. Gets to where it says Haas on the screen, but it says "prog data error" on the lower left of the screen. It's a EC-400, about a year old.

Anyone have any ideas? Any secret reset buttons or code combinations I am unaware of?

I think you are out of luck. Big Mak may chime in here, he has a machine about that age which gave problems that needed a software upgrade to fix; I suspect that is what you will need. I have two machines that age and every morning I stroke my lucky rabbits foot...it has worked so far
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Get the tech to upgrade your software, and this should go away.
    Hard start the machine, and see if you can get in, and select a different program, then atleast you can try to dump the program again and write over the corupt file.

It sucks, but I think they can do the update in under an hour. It took them a few tries to get the software right, but I haven't seen any problems in I'd say 6 months now.
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

They will be out this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Told me over the phone they may have to reinstall the software. This is the first time it's happened. What's a hard start? Is that different than a normal cold start?

Shut off the control, and flip the switch at the back of the machine. Wait a minute, and start it up again. You have to find a way to get into the list programs, and select a program that is not corrupt.
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

Selway came out and performed the software upgrade. All is good again.