585,898 active members*
5,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Kress Collet/Chuck Problem

Heya Guys

I have a Taig with a Kress Spindle fitted, but I have a problem, I need to do some drilling, I only have 3.175mm and 8mm collets however, and don't fancy having to buy £230 worth of collets just to do some drilling.

I have all the collets for my ER-16 spindle, but cannot use it as it sticks out a diffeent amount from the column, so would mess up my offsets.

Any ideas? I thought about a pin chuck, but they cannot hold the size drill bits I want (2mm, 3.2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 6mm, 10mm).

Any other ideas? I don't mind having to buy some sort of a chuck and a collet for it if it won't fit mine.

Any advice appreciated

DJH

Quote Originally Posted by djh82uk View Post
    Heya Guys

I have a Taig with a Kress Spindle fitted, but I have a problem, I need to do some drilling, I only have 3.175mm and 8mm collets however, and don't fancy having to buy £230 worth of collets just to do some drilling.

I have all the collets for my ER-16 spindle, but cannot use it as it sticks out a diffeent amount from the column, so would mess up my offsets.

Any ideas? I thought about a pin chuck, but they cannot hold the size drill bits I want (2mm, 3.2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 6mm, 10mm).

Any other ideas? I don't mind having to buy some sort of a chuck and a collet for it if it won't fit mine.

Any advice appreciated

DJH

Can't you use the same drill bits used for PCb drilling? they all have 1/8" shank and come in different sizes.

to a certain extent that is what I do, but for when i need to drill holes a fair bit bigger than 1/8"?

then the problem arises again

DJH

to a certain extent that is what I do, but for when i need to drill holes a fair bit bigger than 1/8"?

then the problem arises again

DJH
    In PCB manufacturing bigger than 1/8" holes are milled, maybe the same could apply in your case.

Hi,
    have you solved a problem with this kress router ?

I have same problem - I have 3mm collet, but I need 1 mm collet :/ Or better chuck holder for ER-16 collet's, but I can't find that :/

Thanx !

Hello here is a site that stocks Kress spindles as well as some parts including collets and the clamping nuts. The collets range is size from 1mm to 10 mm and they also sell a 9 piece set that comes in a wooden box to keep them together.

The name of the company is "Marchant Dice Ltd." and they are located in the U.K.
    The currency conversion for pounds vs. dollars is about $0.65 per pound or for a one hundred pound order it will cost around $150.00 on average.

http://www.worldofcnc.com/main.asp?c...lling+Spindles

I hope this helps anyone who uses a Kress spindel.

Phillip (Quecomm)

New Design Kress clamping nut

As a distributor of the Kress milling grinding spindles ( www.worldofcnc.com ), we have noticed another small design change to the Clamping nut...
    The new stock bore is 8.4mm as opposed to the old 10.5mm this will restrict the choice of the larger collets (9.0mm and 10.0mm) the nut can be bore, take care as they a brittle....

Quote Originally Posted by Quecomm View Post
    Hello here is a site that stocks Kress spindles as well as some parts including collets and the clamping nuts. The collets range is size from 1mm to 10 mm and they also sell a 9 piece set that comes in a wooden box to keep them together.

The name of the company is "Marchant Dice Ltd." and they are located in the U.K.
    The currency conversion for pounds vs. dollars is about $0.65 per pound or for a one hundred pound order it will cost around $150.00 on average.

http://www.worldofcnc.com/main.asp?c...lling+Spindles

I hope this helps anyone who uses a Kress spindel.

Phillip (Quecomm)

Any word on using other type/brand collets for the Kress serias guys?

Most probably they are DIN 6388 EOC 08 or EOC 10 type.

Heya Guys

Any advice appreciated

DJH
    I have a power drill with a collar that fits the Kress bracked perfectly. I use this when I am using ordinary drills. It's a Bosch PSB600 RPE. See my movie at miopicman's Channel - YouTube
    The movie is quite old now and I have since rebuilt 'The Machine' in steel.