585,743 active members*
5,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

hitachi Seiki VK45 with Seicos II

I am not sure where to post my questions but this seems like the most likely spot. I have just purchased this machine and have it under power now, cleaned, lubed and repaired. I have a 1988 instruction manual, a 1987 parts manual and a 1987 maintenance manual. All are written in jap/english. The manuals have no illustrations and near impossible to follow instructions. My need are small or so it seemed. I need to get my G code from my PC into the Seicos and start milling. HAH! Seems so simple. I have many questions about the operation of this mill and since Hitachi Seiki is no more I am hoping I can find help here.

Just to get warmed up, first question! I managed to figure out how to call up a stored G code procedure (must be a left over from the previous owner) and start execution. The spindle starts and I get an error "No Reference". Well that makes sense to me. The machine needs to know where to start from. But how to tell it? I have tried everything I can think of (short list, did not take long!) I have read and re-read the manuals. Nothing about setting a reference anywhere and then to add insult to injury, once started, I can not stop the spindle without shutting the whole machine off. Not much of surprise here as 1/3 of the items on the control panel are not explained or addressed in the instruction manual. Has anyone re-written these into English? Perhaps a later revision? I can imagine that Hitachi sent out some one to install this machine and train the operator when it was new. Sounds really spendy. So does flying “someone” out here. I hope ya’ll can help. I have been a machinist for 35 years but this CNC stuff is making me feel like a two year old pointing and asking “why?”.

Thank you,
    Dan
    Way out in Eastern Oregon

Hmmm, no response, I shall repost in gen machine

Dan

do you still need help?

We have a similiar machine here. I can probably help you out. Let me know what you need. [email protected]

Thanks Firecat! I will send you an email

e-mail problem

I tried sending you an e-mail it keeps coming back to me as undeliverable.

Marc I re-sent an email to you with my address. I am worried about spammers so I prefer not to post it here. Look forward to hearing from you!
    Dan

no luck

It is the same e-mail address, It keeps saying undeliverable.

Marc, did you get the alternate address I sent?

Dan