584,866 active members*
5,092 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anybody using BobArt?

Nick over at BobCad called me today with an offer I couldn't refuse so BobCad 22 2D and 3D is on the way along with BobArt. I have over twenty thousand images I have shot so the BobArt to convert photo images into wood is my first interest. Anyone doing this or using BobArt for something else care to comment?

Thanks,
    Hu

I'm using BobART. you can see a post on my blog at www.nyccnc.com. The program is OK, but not great. It's better at vectorizing simple logos. It's not great at getting photographs milled onto wood. I would urge you to be aareful with BobCAD sales techniques - they are very aggressive.
    Tormach PCNC 1100, SprutCAM, Alibre CAD

Have to agree

The sales folks are aggressive but the price kept coming down until I couldn't refuse. I had actually been planning to offer them a few dollars more than the deal they offered me the last time around.

Below is a link to some work the man who owned the router before me did. I'm hoping to equal the level of his more detailed images but using my own photo images as a starting point. I let things get cold on me after Katrina and a surgery and can't get his software to work. I thought that BobCAD and BobArt would cover most of my bases and I could start with grayscale jpg's.

Your thoughts on this please.

Thanks,
    Hu

http://www.cnczone.com/gallery/showg...00&ppuser=4456