585,973 active members*
4,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post processor

i have both 21 and 22 bobcad i am running centroid and i cannot get the post processer to post ver 21 is invalid with the first line ver 22 will post but will stop after a few lines and will not call up sub routines. i sent in post processor forms on both of these on 11-19 and i have called twice to find out the progress on the problem but i have not recived a response yet. does any body know how long this process should take or is their any place else i can go to get this done thanks

What system are you running? We may be able to help with a post.

Quote Originally Posted by reedmiles View Post
    i have both 21 and 22 bobcad i am running centroid and i cannot get the post processer to post ver 21 is invalid with the first line ver 22 will post but will stop after a few lines and will not call up sub routines. i sent in post processor forms on both of these on 11-19 and i have called twice to find out the progress on the problem but i have not recived a response yet. does any body know how long this process should take or is their any place else i can go to get this done thanks
    Post a sample Program here and your Post Processor that you want modified. We can try to get it working properly.

I have no experience with Centroid Controls but might be able to get you on track enough to get you going.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

the processor is a centroid m-395 with intercon conversational programing I have tried all the post prosessors in bobcad I even went to the web site to see if their where any new ones ver 21 will not even get past the first line ver 22 will I think because it puts in a path i cant get the code for ver 22 to switch to a text file i will keeping trying
    Attached Files Attached Files

ver 22

post for ver 22

So have you been editing this post? It appears very close but you need a M25 added to line 2 of the bobcad version. Also could the line numbers on the first few lines be causing the stopping you are seeing?

If so you need to remove the line number output for those lines on the Bobcad post.

If you have an existing Bobcad post then it would help us to get it going faster.

I made a few changes to the centroid post on the Bobcad web sight. I hope this helps but some of the one you posted that should work seems a bit strange. I did match most of it.

You will need to place it in your post directory.

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V22\Posts\Mill

Also you need to turn off the sub programs. Do this by right clicking the
    Milling Tools> Current settings>Posting and uncheck the Output Subs.

Let me know what it does and if anything else needs changed.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I WILL TRY THE POST THIS AFTERNOON OR FIRST THING IN THE MORNING

I ran a program with 22 and the post you sent IT WORKED GREAT thanks i have not done anything with 21 yet

Glad to help.

The biggest trouble Bobcad has with 21 is not bugs but correcct posts.

Quote Originally Posted by acetinker View Post
    Boy,

You ain't kidding! I run v21 with v19 posts. Seems to work fine.
    V17-V21 Post Processors work fine.
    V2007/V22 have an entirely different API, GUI and DCC. So your Old Post Processors won't work with V22.

Actually I prefer V22 Post Processors because I found the Scripts to be quite annoying and too time consuming.

Then again "To each his/her own"
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com