585,717 active members*
3,922 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Does anyone have the Mach 3 screenset

Does anyone have the mach 3 screenset that was the same as that used in Mach 2? It would be greatly appreciated. I production mill nested plastic parts in Mach 2, the Mach 3 screens require me to change my routine and I have too often trashed a tray of parts in very expensive polymers in Mach 3, so I keep using mach 2. Help would be appreciated.

well, the zone won't let upload without some "magic"!
    Put them in the appropriate folder then take the .txt off the file name.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi jhowelb
    The files were converted to txt type files from the .set type.
    The Mach screenloader doesn't recognize them.
    So close.

Just rename them, or when downloading and saving, rename them then. In the save dialog, for the filename, save as "1024classic.set" Include the quotes and set file type as all files, not text.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thank you all, the "" "" did it, new screens were working until I killed Mach 3.
    In loading the screens I killed Mach 3, it opens to a blank white screen now with the file conf etc tool bar on top, nothing else. Nothings alive I can open the tool bar operators but nothing works, can't load a screen etc. Ideas?

Is it possible I put in a password in the lock unlock. Previously it was none or not required, now it say mach 4 wrong password?

Choose view on the toolbar and then load screens, navigate to the set you want.
    Also you need all the bmp's from the Mach 2 set in the proper directory.
    Maybe you could do a reinstall and then use screen4 to modify the screens to give what you want?

DO NOT use quote marks in the file name, just get rid of the four characters .txt

The load screen bar will not initiate, it won't enable. Its not the screen set they were working fine, I must have "touched" something else in machmill 3, all the other programs are fine (turn, plasma). Some of the menu bar items are enabled, most are not.

Put your screen set that I sent you in a new folder in The Mach folder then reinstall.
    Sound as if some file is corrupted,

I don't think this problem has any relation to the screens, I must have "touched" something else in the program. The screens were working fine, and are just what I am looking for. I really do appreciate your help with this.

jhowelb
    You caught it, "screen file must" be in the mach folder.
    Even though you can load it from a folder outside the mach folder, it won't restart on the desired screen, starts on the blank screen and won't allow loading. The screen is very nice, thank you, identical to the Mach 2 screen I have.

Nada prob bud!

Hi:
    I am trying to work myself into cnc. I was looking at a driver board on ebay and they mentioned Mach3. I loaded it and started pressing buttons to see what it did. I guess it was the wrong thing to do as I now have a white screen with 1 dividing line only when I try to start mach mill! I deleted the program and reloaded it trying to fix it but it did not work. Can some one help? Where should I start trying to get into cnc? Are the driver boards on ebay that at 4 axis TB6560 any good? What should I look for? I want to use it for a wing foam cutter first and then work into a router. Suggestions on boards, steppers, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.
    Don