585,978 active members*
4,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

hiwin guide blocks and rails

I have hiwins the number on the top of the
    block is : AGH15CAH 10619-2

10619-2 is my problem ...looked it up on hiwin pages but it does make sence
    need help to decifer it.... it does follow the table attached below?
    what is 10619-2

my other question, where to get repair kit for hiwins, can you order new balls,
    endcaps and seals and where? Other options whos got the best bang for the
    buck for linear guides these days, i need some wide rails maybe 1" 10 feet
    long? anyone use RG series from hiwin... are they best suited for longer axis
    (y) for heavy gantry loads ie 5x10 table gantry 150 pound
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hiwin orderguide.jpg   RG hiwin.jpg  

In my experience, Hiwin is not the way to go. They are an easy crossover for NSK but without the quality. I have seen several custom machines in which Hiwin was used to cut costs. All had to be retrofitted with another brand to achieve rigidity and longevity.

I would say the opposite. There are heaps of machines with Hiwin-rails running very well. I have the HGW-models on my steel machine and I'm very satisfied.

The table you attached only confirms the first part of the model number, the 10619-2 part I believe is an internal article ID. You should be able to call your nearest Hiwin dealer and order spare parts, like any other rail manufacturer. http://www.hiwin.com

internal article ID. please explain? like part for 3rd party system ie carage?

Quote Originally Posted by svenakela View Post
    I would say the opposite. There are heaps of machines with Hiwin-rails running very well. I have the HGW-models on my steel machine and I'm very satisfied.

The table you attached only confirms the first part of the model number, the 10619-2 part I believe is an internal article ID. You should be able to call your nearest Hiwin dealer and order spare parts, like any other rail manufacturer. http://www.hiwin.com

9 feet y axis

for long y axis ie 9-10 feet what size are most using designing using ... 20mm rails 15 mm? side mount or top mount?

15 or 20 mm, people here tend to use what comes to best price at the moment. It also depends on your design, I suggest you check other peoples constructions here at the forum. A 15 mm guideline can take very high loads, but you also have to take care of binding, momentum, vertical twist from the spindle... As I said, it depends on your design. Here are a lot of information in other members build logs and in the linear motion forum, check them out.

I think that the last numbers of your article number is an Hiwin article number, not a part of the specification. Call Hiwin and ask them directly.