585,717 active members*
3,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Any stone guys out there?

THis looks like an extremely informative and helpful site. I come from the wood CNC end, and have recently been thrust into the stone end as a programmer/planner/tooling nazi. I don't see much reference to stone machining. We have 2 Flow waterjets, one a dynamic hyperjet, Intermac 4000, which runs from Intercad and Stonecam, and 2 Intermac Master 43's which run on ICAM. Any help available out there with any of these machines/software/techniques?

Smile hi there

Hi there My name is Dragan.I am from Belgrade(Serbia) and I work as a Intermac cnc operator and programmer.We use intermac 23 to produce a lot of stone reliefs,church application,fireplace stations,counter tops and other stone products,but we are only one in our state who use that kind of technology for stone cutting so we don't have nobody to compare our product quality with.I would like to hear and see some more about your company and stuff that you do there.
    you can contact me on my e-mail [email protected]

What kind of tooling do you use to machine

glass and stone with? For making decorative 3d reliefs, something like a ball endmill would seem appropriate, but I've never seen anything that seems like it would work too well. How long does it take you to make a fireplace surround? Does the tooling show wear in the process of making a single part, and do you have to compensate for that? What do you use to polish it with?

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

to do glass the tools are about the same as stone but you need a machine that can do 10000rpm to do glass work

all my offsets and tool comps are pre programmed by me and tools are automaticaly measured by the machine before every use. mainly for profling life span of profiling tools is real good polishing tools a bit less if using rubber polishing pads clay wheels last longer buts you oflten sacarfice that wet shine of rubber ones

Im from Ireland. I work in a stone fabrication workshop mainly making granite and man made stone countertops. Our machinery includes one INTERMAC jet cnc machine, one BRETON EASYCUT FE600 saw, and one COMMANDULI edge polisher. Our water supply comes from a closed water recycling machine. Our production can average about 4 benchtops with undermount polished sinks a day(including splashback), or about 6 benchtops with topmount sinks.

Stone worker here. . . .

We run 2 Master 45 plus, a 43 TC, 2 Pro TC, a master 30 and a masterstone 1500 open top, waterjet, prussiani edge polisher and 5 axis saw, and another 3 axis bridgesaw that we call jnr. We got some cool toy's!!

Just landed a job running and programming a new 5 axis CNC bridge saw. A GMM Litox. Still in the learning curve, but loving every minute of it.

Smile Granite Marble Stone Designer

:rainfro: I am now working in Elk Grove, IL on a Z.Bavelloni 320-4. I have not really used the machine to produce my first peice - just learning still.

Exclamation Looking for CNC stone guys

Hey all, I manage a stone shop, in Glenview Il, that has 2 prussiani machines sitting idol and a ton (literally) of work. If anyone is interested contact me @ [email protected]. The previous guy had to leave town on a family emergency. He indicated that it may be a while, if he returns at all.
    Thanks

I am running an Intermac Master 43 Plus and an Older Eurotech Delta-1000. I cut anything out of stone, but I mainly do kitchens and bathrooms. Sink cutout/Polish, core holes, Outside edge polish/profiling. Been doing it for a solid 5 years now.

ASTECH CNCTools - for Stone Engraving & Cutting Work

Hi stoneguy,
    May I know your a ton of work for 2D carving & 3D relief, or also needs stone cutting work?

If both, then ASTECH Diamond tools and Carbide router bits are kindly advised:

ASTECH-TOOLS Features:
    (1) Professional CNC tools for hard materials, such as stone, hard granite, gravestone, ceramic, glass, marble, etc.
    (2) Multifunctional, like Lettering, 2D Carving, 3D Relief sculpturing, shadow-carving, line engraving, Slotting, Cutting, etc.

Hope this could be helpful to you, and devote more efforts to your brilliant business~~:rainfro::cheers:
    B.RGS,
    Alice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASTECH Tools for 3D stone carving.jpg   Top quality stone carving cutting tools for cnc router.jpg  
    ASTECH Tools -Professional Router Bits, Diamond Tools, CNC Tools Manufacturer.
    Email: [email protected]
    Tel: 0086-531-89006595

For any of you guys that use an Intermac, I have a question about the software for it ICAM. Please reply if you use ICAM

Hey guys my boss just picked up an Intermac Master Stone 4000. We are a glass shop in socal. We are currently rebuilding this machine, I am the IT here at the glass shop and I was wondering what is the best software for this machine? Currently it has Stone Cad/Cam 3d installed, problem is this PC is nothing but trash. So I am looking to replace it completely and do a fresh install of the software, but I can seem to find Stone Cad/Cam 3d anywhere! Any advice.

Is Stone Cad/Cam 3d worth keeping or is there something better?

Any advice is good advice at this point!

-Rockett

I've never used one of these

But what were you intending to do with it? They seem to specialize in doing the cutouts for sinks, and polishing the edges. Is that what you're doing with glass?

Quote Originally Posted by rockettpc View Post
    Hey guys my boss just picked up an Intermac Master Stone 4000. We are a glass shop in socal. We are currently rebuilding this machine, I am the IT here at the glass shop and I was wondering what is the best software for this machine? Currently it has Stone Cad/Cam 3d installed, problem is this PC is nothing but trash. So I am looking to replace it completely and do a fresh install of the software, but I can seem to find Stone Cad/Cam 3d anywhere! Any advice.

Is Stone Cad/Cam 3d worth keeping or is there something better?

Any advice is good advice at this point!

-Rockett
    Have you asked Intermac about it? That would be the first thing I'd try: Marble and stone working machinery glass working machinery | Intermac See if you can get replacement software, schematics, owner's manual, etc for that machine. If the "trash" computer still operates the machine, I'd be tempted to leave it alone, but if you want it to do different things that the software isn't able to deal with, then replacing it might make sense. It's probably possible to use a different CAD/CAM system to generate code for this machine, and load the programs onto it from a different computer, so all that the existing computer has to do is execute them. But you'd need to make the post-processor compatible with the Intermac, so ask them if the machine takes standard G-code or if it has any special requirements in how its code is presented.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software

My boss is always talking about edge work...

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    But what were you intending to do with it? They seem to specialize in doing the cutouts for sinks, and polishing the edges. Is that what you're doing with glass?

Have you asked Intermac about it? That would be the first thing I'd try: Marble and stone working machinery glass working machinery | Intermac See if you can get replacement software, schematics, owner's manual, etc for that machine. If the "trash" computer still operates the machine, I'd be tempted to leave it alone, but if you want it to do different things that the software isn't able to deal with, then replacing it might make sense. It's probably possible to use a different CAD/CAM system to generate code for this machine, and load the programs onto it from a different computer, so all that the existing computer has to do is execute them. But you'd need to make the post-processor compatible with the Intermac, so ask them if the machine takes standard G-code or if it has any special requirements in how its code is presented.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software

cliq XT (MB501)
    CM7 RC1

Also is there a way to connect the PC to the machine to bypass creating floppies??? Rs232 or a parallel port???

cliq XT (MB501)
    CM7 RC1

help for spindle on Master Egge 4000

We bought old INTERMAC Master Edge 4000 and now we have a problem with spindle motor.
    There are damaged belt on spindle so Resolver feedback to Spindle drive doesn't work. We have another spare belt for replace, but for change it we need drawings for disassembling the spindle.
    Can anybody write here the type and producer of the spindle and all specifications (power, voltage, current, speed,..) for this spindle is also helpful.
    Or anybody has the disassembling drawings for spindle of Master Edge 4000 from 1996.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by RDot604 View Post
    For any of you guys that use an Intermac, I have a question about the software for it ICAM. Please reply if you use ICAM
    I use ICAM.

Intermac, CMS Brembana, Prussiani, Bavelloni

Hey lads,

I am running Intermac Master33 at the moment and have been running machines from CMS, Prussiani, Bavelloni in the past.

Is there anyone, who have experience with carving and reliefs? I would like to share some ideas? :idea:

Cheers, Stoned11

Page 1 of 2 12