585,676 active members*
4,193 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Hi all

I have been operating an Bavalloni 315n on granite,marble,limestones sandstone.I have been mostly self taught as my 2 weeks training i was supposed to have turned out to be 3 or 4 days.
    We produce mostly granite worktops from polished bowls with drainer grooves and taps to the full recessed drainer compleatly covering the bowl and drainer grooves,shape and polish eg grinding work but the lines left by the tools is not to the standard that is required and so is finished by hand ,i know there is a tool out to solve this problem which is basicly a gear box with cup type tool to scrub the lines out but this is only going to work on straight edges and can not be used on any kind of shapes.
    The tools that i have used to try and solve this problem have been the ossilating type with limited results.
    Any thoughts on this.
    There is only one other question at the moment, vaccum tank pipes freezing .
    I hate running back and forth with keetles of hot water trying to get rid of that plug of ice in the vacum pipe before the job starts moving while i am trying to operate the machine,its getting cold again so that problem will return as soon as we get our first frost.any thoughts on that as well people

I'am sure there will be loads more to ask you all many thanks

Red face Freezing Pipes

I have not seen the Bavelloni in a long time - in fact I haven't worked in the industry for a few years now.

I am not sure where you are located but where I used to work at Granite XPerts, in Elk Grove Village ---

They had no problems with ice but the sludge was a little much -

Why don't you lower the temperature on the water? It does not have to be that cold does it?

I wish I had more answers for you regarding the tools but I dont...

the freezing is a problem caused by vacumed air which i was told is at a lower tempature than compressed air and when comes into contact with water which gets drawn in through the suction cups freezes and forms an ice plug in the vacum pipes.this only starts to happen when the tempature drops out side and is an issue with the bavalloni machine i operate in the UK i have spoken to other operators in the UK and they have the same problem.
    We have tried gas blowers to raise the temp but it still freezes and even heated elements around the vacum pipes but with limited results

Yeah, vacuum system on Bavelloni freezes usually on left hand side. Had to use hot water and gas blower to keep machine working.
    I use oscillating on all diamonds and polishing tools while working on straight edges, you can also try to run last grinding tool slower to get finer finish. You also need to keep tools in good condition by redressing them or use sharpening block and run them on it to open the diamonds.
    OG, bullnose, etc. try run last diamond slower or twice you might get better finish, but it is really tricky. My opinion is, that you need suitable setting for each material.

Hope some of that helps. Let know how did you get on.

They are using a new method for suction doing away with the vacum tank all together,this works on the same princible like when you blow over a plastic straw which then causes a vacum.
    We had this fitted on the machine and what a racket it makes ,the hiss of air loudly all day long ,and the compressor couldn't keep up with the air this method uses.So the boss told me to take it back off and fit the vacum tank back up again.
    If you have a compressor just for the cnc then may be it would work (more expence said the boss)but the god allfull noise ,if you can think about 6 or seven air guns all going off at once ''the racket.''
    Oh and your suction cup number is limited to about 5 or 6 because of the extra air pipes this system takes up ,i think thats right from memory ,i now it was right on the limit using the 160 Dia cups we had .
    Thanks for the info stoned11 keep in touch

hey Rockett what is your ideia about carving?
    i might can help

Hi i need help to run a gmm Litox 2006 any body there?

Page 2 of 2 12