584,863 active members*
4,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question induction furnace

i am having Radyne TQ converter old.I need control drawings are control circuit help, because all the wiring which was done earlist was damaged. Please do the help. I want make small induction furnace 75kw 3000hz 200 kg steel melting i anybody have related circuit please help me.

"If you have great talents, industry will improve them; if you have but moderate abilities, industry will supply their deficiency." *Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723 - 1792)

Wholepair,
    That is too cool! I have never seen anything like that before. I have a few questions. Is that something you could use to melt iron or steel to a pourable state for casting?
    and if so is it quicker than a blast furnace?
    Thank you
    Mark

If you know your heat leakage of the furnace liner you are using, you can calculate how fast it would melt based on the amount of specific energy required to melt a quantity of steel.

For example, arc furnaces (which are similar), require 500KWh per ton of steel (2912F).
    this number is arrived at by considering many factors including raw energy for the melt, losses of electrical equipment, and losses through the walls of the furnace. So it can vary widely.

100 lbs of steel = 25KWh to melt if it takes 500KWh per ton (325KWh/mt being a theoretical minimum.)

It would take 1 hour to melt if the power pack was at 25,000 watts of power.

Take a power supply capable of 10,000 Watts to the melt and it will take about 2 and a half hours to melt 100lbs of steel. Not bad for $3.00 worth of electricity at $0.12 per KWh

Wow that is unreal!.. Thank you so much for the info
    Mark

Induction furnace

Hai,

Iam a Sri Lankan. I have two induction furnaces. One is a Motor Generator Type, 45Kw and the other a Solid State (Thyristor Controlled), 160KW 250Kg.

I think yours is a MG type. I have the circuit for my MG.

How ever, the working got to be understood first.

The Motor Drives a high frequency generator. The out put is fed to the copper buses and then to the furnace coil. The control circuit has various relays. One is for putting in an exiting current to the rotor of the HF or MF Generator. The current is DC and it is built up by a small transformer and rectifier.

The water flow to cool the copper coil must have a pressure and temperature sensing swithes to cut off power to the exiter circuit . You must also have an on off switch to the exiter volts to start HF. You must also have a rehostat
    to increase the power or decrease.

You must also have a capacitor bank to improve the efficiency or you will take a long time to melt. When melting if you put small pieces you will take a long time to start. etc etc. too long to write. If you give me a fax number I will fax you a copy circuit.

regards Vasanth

[email protected]