585,705 active members*
3,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Drill Machine Buttons

Hello,
    I am in the search of a drill machine hole buttons wood (cloth), if somebody has a design or it knows where I can get information I will thank you

Excuse me my English

Manuel

Are you looking for one of those machines for drilling buttons?

Yes, it is correct

That is something I've always been curiouse about myself.
    The buttons on the shirt I'm wearing right now have been made by a turning and drilling operation so, I would guess they have been made in some third world country on a turret lathe or a CNC with live tooling in a C axis.
    Of the five buttons on this shirt, none of them are visualy identical that is to say that I can see slight differences between each of them. The shirt has a well known makers lable on it so I would guess the manufacturer needs a lot of this particular style of button but, I beleive just from looking at them that the buttons are probably made on a manual machine with form tooling that is getting a bit dull (but won't be replaced untill the run is over) and then probably held is a fixture and drilled with a two or fore spindle drill head.
    I have also seen buttons that were die cast with the holes in them.
    You could also make a fixture that has a drill bushing in it with the two or fore holes in it and drill them on a single spindle drill press but I think getting the buttons in and out of the fixture would be a sorce of great frustration fore the operator unless some real thought and care was put into the design.
    I know the CNC machines are expencive but a small CNC chucker with a 5C spindle and gang tooling with a C axis spindle would be the most "productive" however, if you want to create the most jobs for people that need them, then the manuale machines would be the way to go.
    When I look for clothing and, it is all made in some third world country, I look for things like hand turned buttons and, that will be the shirt I buy. Not because it is the better shirt but, because I know some person made those dam buttons so they could feed their family and it's the very least I can do help.

Thank you for your comments, I am from Lima Peru and what happens is that we do manual the buttons of wood with a drill hole by hole, we want to grow in our production but if we did not have the machine we will never grow in our production

ManuelMP, I understand that you want to increase prodution of corse.
    May I ask what level of automation do you have now?
    Are you drilling these buttons with an electric drill or with a hand powerd or hand cranked drill?
    Then you must decide if you want to make alot of buttons without employing alot of people or if you want to employ more people to make buttons but do it more efficently.
    I would guess that you could probably do the best, right away, by getting set up with a multi- spindle attachment on a manuale but, electric drill press( I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm talking down to you but I really can only guess wear you are with your production methodes)
    If you would like I can try to find a link to the kind of equipment I'm talking about but, you must be paitent with me as my computor skills are not as good as they could be and it may take some time create the patch for you.

Merl,
    The automatization that I have now is with a vertical electric drill, what I want is to work with the same number of persons but to be able to produce bigger quantity of buttons in less days, on the machine I have seen her in http://www.button-work-machine.com/index-b-4.html picture 4, I have written to the ones belonging to the link a week ago, but until now they have not answered me, I machine like is in that link is the machine that I want to found,

Thanks

They are really a simple design. It's a high speed drill and an axle with an offset. The axle has a "quarter threading" that forces the axle to twist a quarter every time it's pull to the end.
    Any turning or milling workshop could help you making a similar setup. I would suggest you to ask at the Spanish subforum, there may be people who are located near you. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=338

Something like the photo I want to found,

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ejemplo1.JPG