585,760 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Meldas M300 DNC or Drip Feed

I'm trying to set up an older Mitsu machine for drip feeding. The machine has a Meldas 300 series controller. I have the system initiating the file, but after only a few lines (~40) the machine will respond with a P460 Tape I/O error.

I have run through the suggestions I've found on the forum already. The only one which has improved my situation was to turn off the FIFO settings for my com port. This moved the tape I/O error later into the file.

The error occurs at the same place in the file each time. I've tried setting up the machine for software handshake with a 3-wire cable, and for hardware handshake with a 5 wire cable. Same results either way.

I've also tried running several different transfer programs, including CADAM, Multi-DNC, EasyDNC, NCplot, and ConnectCNC. All error at the same place in the file.

Any suggestions? I will be happy to provide any more information I can about the setup.

Do you have a real COM port, or is it on a USB converter? If possible, you want to use a real built-in COM port.

Scott

Smile

Ahh been there and done that. 25 pin to 25 pin wires 2 to 3 ,3 to 2. 7 to 7 and jumper 6 to 8 to 20 on the machine side and 4to 5 on the machine side
    Machine setup parameters 8 , 2 even 19200 baud
    computer side 7 , 2 even 19200 baud no handshake
    Now the fun part you will probably now get a buffer overload error partway through the DNC. To over come this I made my own DNC program with a delay on the cts (Clear to send) signal added 0.05 of a second. What this did was stop sending program long enough for the machine to stop the rts (request to send) signal and not overfill the buffer. My worry was that I might get stutter in my machining but worked well for mold making anyway so...
    You might need to get someone to create a trap program for you if you do get the buffer overload after getting your transfer working.

If its not broken you are not machineing fast enough

Slapnpop,

You are experencing a buffer overrun, which is caused by the PC sending too fast.
    You can fix this by adding line delays or at worst, character delay.

If you need more help, give me a call and happy to give you some phone time.
    Predator DNC will do it with no issues loading, receiving or drip feeding.

I can even give you a great reference of some who struggled for months with all the favors of DNC you mentioned and finally came around to Predator with a live support person, not just emails behind some $50 DNC package of the web.
    Greg Mercurio -Shop Floor Automations
    www.shopfloorautomations.com /619-461-4000