585,585 active members*
3,624 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    update...
    goofin has ordered the wire for the control box. I have figured out how we are going to stack the controls in the cabinet. The ballscrews are turned and here. This weekend will be the motor couplers and the stand offs. After that the x and y will be put on and tuned up. No pics to update yet but this weekend there will be.

Its funny, i moved my IH cnc in to the hobby shop. The IH dawarfs the X2. It amazed me at the simplicity of the X2 set up compared to the IH.

Last night I matched all the necessary bolts to the stock that they will secure. After my rental properties are taken care of tomorrow I will be making the remaining parts. I think we are getting close and now i am gettting excited.:cheers::wee:

update:

received the boxes, shielded cable, power wire, and the electronics are on their way. Should be here wednesday. Pics up soon.

Oh what is the proper way to anneal the end of the z axis for drilling.

got the fuses, panel mount fuse holders, iec power entry sockets and 2 6' iec cables. my bolts are here too. gotts stop at grizzly at some point and pick up a granite block. i ll bring my old laptop to test on since the ebay crooks screwed me over

got the probotix setup. They seem to be well assembled and I can not wait to see how they work.

Krymis, rust is neglect : )

well we did manage some progress this weekend, not finished but a very good start. I ordered all the bearings we need for the y and z axis. they will be here tuesday morning and ill order the drive pulleys and belts for the z on thursday.

Hoss, got the z axis stuff today, thanx. got a question....left side of column has a ridge on it where the inch scale is attached...guess i just need to grind it down so bracket fits?

Hey Dave,
    I yanked the scale off of my mill early on, pretty useless for CNC.
    Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

I only removed the top several inches of mine. I started off with a grinder but ended up just feeding it into my bandsaw which mad real quick work of it.

thanx guys, im gonna tear it down now so i can grind and drill holes. Hoss i may be sending you a new ballscrew to machine....kinda messed one up trimming it ti fit, will know in a few hours

Hoss,
    got the parts today. thanks again for the great looking parts. i put the y axis together tonight and will do the y tomorrow

Page 3 of 3 123