585,668 active members*
4,199 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    well after asking for a refund and getting it, the gears came in this morning. I did not receive any discount on future purchases that i know of yet. I would hope that they could do something for me as i will be buying their mini lathe gears. Anyways pics will be up tonite. I will also post the pics of the x and y parts. They are ready to go on. Only real toughy is indicating my 7x12 mini lathe and cutting the ballscrews.

Well then tell them that you want to return the mill gears (say you got them from else ware or whatever you want to tell them. Also let them know that your not to happy with them and that your willing to try them again if they want to make things right and they need to send you the lathe gears and to put a pre-paid shipping label in the box to return the mill gears.

Or Call Chris at LMS and order the gear drive for the mill and the gears for the mini lathe. They have excellent service! But hey, I never need their delivery as I just swing by before work and get what I need. The only down sides are, Uncle Sam and his greedy fingers in my pockets and I always see more than I came in for!

Damn you CHRIS!!!!!!!

Bill
    Thanks
    Bill

well here are pics of the hobby shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM0789r.jpg   HPIM0796r.jpg   HPIM0797r.jpg  

The Jim Beam will come in handy!

Since your talking about Belt conversion. I have a qestion for all you guys using it on your mini mill.
    If your Fly-cuting or using a larg End Mill on Steel;With a CNC set up.
    Won't the belt slip, giving you a bad cut?
    Gear drive won't slip. And give you a steady RPM cut?

I have only had the belt slip once, and I am glad I did. I still had the pin in the pulley from tightening the draw bar when I turned it on. I think it did one of a two things ...

1). Saved the gears from shattering if they were still there.
    2). Kept me from overloading the circuit board and frying it.

Anyhow, You just need to find the cutting balance.

Bill
    Thanks
    Bill

thanks to someone on here my ballscrews have been turned and threaded. They should be here monday. then all we have to do is make the stand offs. then the x and y are done. Will be using the mill itself to mill out the z parts. I have the material all rounded up for the lathe cnc also.

Looks like everything is falling into place for you.

BTW ... I am very interested in the conversion you will be doing on the Mini Lathe, are you going to be building it from plans or off the top of your head?

Also are you going to make a new post in the Mini Lathe section here on the zone or this thread?

Thanks
    Bill
    Thanks
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by krymis View Post
    thanks to someone on here my ballscrews have been turned and threaded. They should be here monday. then all we have to do is make the stand offs. then the x and y are done. Will be using the mill itself to mill out the z parts. I have the material all rounded up for the lathe cnc also.
    Your Welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ballscrews threaded2.jpg  
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Hoss,

As usual, Looks perfect!

Bill
    Thanks
    Bill

Hoss, they look great, thanks for cutting them down for us. Im getting all the electric parts needed then shipping them to Krymis so we can get started building the control boxes

man just when you thought your thread was dead...BAM its back to life when Hoss posts. :rainfro:. Once again thank you for taking those on. Someday you will have to come out and see the machines that i have and the ones that i have access to. Goofin, would you say its a fairly acceptable setup?

Micro Rotors:
    I will be doing the cummins mini lathe. I will be using steele's plans but changing them to suit my needs for things such as a motorized tailstock, gang tooling, and ballscrews.
    Anyways as stuff comes in i will keep you posted.

Krymis,

I sent you a PM.

Bill
    Thanks
    Bill

Krymis
    below are the panel boxes i scarfed from work. 4 1/2" deep, 11" wide and 13 7/8" tall inside measurements. they have a few knock outs that we can use or plug. plexiglass panel can be replaced too. oh yea, they have a key lock too

im probably getting a box of either 500 or 1000' of 18/4 sheilded,so we can sell off whatever we dont use/need

good deal. Are the boxes steel or aluminum? If they are steel i will tig all the holes shut. Then we can redrill for the plug mounts.

18 gauge steel

good deal

Goofin,

I have those same matt's ...

But ...mine are black, Whats with the pink and yellow?

Hey, I'm just ... Goofin
    Thanks
    Bill

Hoss-

Those look really nice! Any tips on how to cut ball screws in the lathe (bits, angles, etc)? I thought my heavy 10 was rigid but trying to cut these
    ballscrews nearly tore it apart. I was trying to use indexable carbide bits.

-Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    Your Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Micro Rotors View Post
    Goofin,

I have those same matt's ...

But ...mine are black, Whats with the pink and yellow?

Hey, I'm just ... Goofin
    hey they were free...take outs from a daycare center..........

Page 2 of 3 123