585,902 active members*
5,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 3T RS232

Rescuied A tsaugmi chucker from a early grave fixed servo motor brush problum and got a drive board Ex know I Need wiring diag for com cable ,control has Db25 and my PC is DB9 need the corect pinout and the setup info hand shake Xon Xoff ect searched the mant and setup manuals and don't find anything look's like loading in MDI would be a long and painfull task Please help!!! Kevin

Kevin,

This was sent to me when I was having some trouble with an older 3T machine. Hope it helps.

Good Luck,

JR

The Fanuc 3T uses parameters 005 and 068 for the "device 0" serial port. Here's what to set. Use MDI mode to change parameters, and you'll have to turn on the "Parameter Enable" toggle switch on the main PCB to change them. You'll get an alarm when the switch is on. That's normal. When entering parameters, page up to the parameter you want to change, press the "P" key, then the data, then INPUT. You're operator's manual should have the procedure for entering parameters.

On the first parameter page, you'll see a bit marked "TVON". That should be set to "0"

On the same page, you'll see a bit marked "I/O". That should also be set to "0"

On the same page, you'll see a bit marked PUNCH CODE, or possibly "ISO". Set that bit to "1" so the Fanuc will send ISO tape code.

Page up to parameter 005 and set:
    The bit on the FAR LEFT should be "1", the bit on the FAR RIGHT should be a "1", and the THIRD bit from the RIGHT must be a "0". The other 5 bits are not used for the serial port, so don't change them. They're probably all zeros anyway.

Parameter 068 sets your baudrate. Set that parameter to "4800" for 4800 baud, which I recommended.

Set your DNC software to send 4800 baud, 2 stop-bits, 7 data bits, EVEN parity. Also be sure that your DNC software sends a Line-Feed or "LF" character at the end of each block.

Your programs on the PC should read like this:

%
    :1234
    N1
    N2
    N3
    etc.
    M30
    %

Your cable should be made like this:

CNC side 25-pin male --- PC side 9-pin female
    pin 2 ------------------- pin 2
    pin 3 ------------------- pin 3
    pin 5 ------------------- pin 7
    pin 7 ------------------- pin 5
    pin 6 ---
    pin 8 --- <-- jumper these 3 together on CNC side only
    pin 20 --

JR thank's for the quick reply I'm working on putting some of the mechinicily part's together in your exampal is the:1234 to be a program # I would asume I need to spend a litle more time reading the program manual could you post or emale a short program I could look at to get a better idea of the proper text [email protected] need to dig through my junk and see if I have enough stuff to make a cable radio shack will be open tomarrow I know I have 9pin stuff but i think i need the 25 part's well i'm going to go work off Christmas dinner painting some of the sheet metal from this project Thank's again and have a great holiday Kevin

Re: Fanuc 3T RS232

need help

I did everything as described, and I can receive programs from machine to PC, but I can not send from PC to machine

DNC program made first step to transver, but after that shows mesage " waithing signal from machine"

What i do wrong?

What DNC software are you using? Can you set the handshaking to "XON/XOFF" or "DC Codes" or if those don't work, "None"

The Predator setup info on the Fanuc 3 shows a different cable (see attached). It has 4 (RTS) & 5 (CTS) tied together on the Fanuc end instead of 5 (CTS) to 7 (RTS) as in the diagram posted earlier.

using SURFCAM DNC

...I´m resolve problem....

My settings...if somebode helps..

FANUC 3T

parameters

TVON - 0
    ISO - 1
    INCH - 0
    I/O - 1
    SEQ - 0

PAR 5 1XXXX0X1 ( X= don´t change)
    PAR 14 0XXXX0X0
    PAR 68 4800
    PAR 69 4800

PC DNC

Line Speed 4800
    Data Bits 7
    Stop Bits 2
    Parity EVEN
    Handshaking Xon/XOff
    Protokol ASCII
    Block Delay 0

EOB LF or CRLF
    Char Code ASCII

Triger string Download Upload
    start % stop %

Your programs on the PC should read like this:

%
    :1234
    N1
    N2
    N3
    etc.
    M30
    %

Cable

9 pin 25pin

2--------2
    3--------3
    5--------7
    7--------5
    ---8 ( 6,8,20 short wired on 25 pin)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Taylor View Post
    JR thank's for the quick reply I'm working on putting some of the mechinicily part's together in your exampal is the:1234 to be a program # I would asume I need to spend a litle more time reading the program manual could you post or emale a short program I could look at to get a better idea of the proper text [email protected] need to dig through my junk and see if I have enough stuff to make a cable radio shack will be open tomarrow I know I have 9pin stuff but i think i need the 25 part's well i'm going to go work off Christmas dinner painting some of the sheet metal from this project Thank's again and have a great holiday Kevin
    I'm going to have the machine down for a while Working on spindle drive and some other mechanical items and would like to back up the parameters to my P.C. could some body help with the procedure to do so I Have a laptop with a com cord and could burn a CD or put on a jump drive from there Thank's Kevin

for a quick and good solution untill you solve it ,you can just take a camera and make picture on every page with parameters and settings.
    sometimes when you try to do good ,you get worse and you are sorry you just even didn't made some photos.

some 3T's don't have a screen, only has a row of 7-segment LEDs and some other LEDs pointing to the active function text printed on the panel. they are a bit like the 2000C. I worked a 3T-D and it only had the 7-seg LEDs and the 6" green screen was for FAPT only.
    so it depends on what 3T version this one is.

anyway, assuming your panel is like the pic attached and assuming your RS232 parameters are set correctly....

on 3T to punch parameters...
    set rotary switch mode to EDIT
    press PARAM button
    press START

Please help with the following...Got a 2 axis chucker Taiyo Seiki cnc lathe from 1984, with Fanuc 3T C. All parameters gone due the broken and corroded batery case. Replaced all them. New batery box and bateries. BAT at crt went off.
    Fortunately got all the original parameters of the machine and loaded them all.
    Turn on the machine and have the following conditions:
    Red alarm light on at control panel.
    Work catcher only move an 1/4 of its total displacement (90°).
    Tool turret doesnt move at all.
    Chuck closes, but doesn hold the tightening...You hit the foot-switch and it closes, but when you release the foot-switch it releases the force again.
    Tail stock also doesnt respond to its M code....anyway, all the hidraulics devices doesnt respond fine.
    Level in reservoir and hidraulic pressure are both correct (360 Lbs/in2) as well as the pressure values at chuck and many solenoid valve.

Any hint would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks again.

Jerry
    [email protected]