585,974 active members*
4,256 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > DLG foam or hollow ellipse wings
Page 2 of 2 12

Exporting an airfoil from profili

On profili click on airfoil database (small yellow airfoil), then pick your air foil and chose export as a .txt file. See attached picture. Be carefull, for one reason I do not know, sometimes the first coordinate shows a negative value while it should be positive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airfoil profili.jpg  

aluminium ellipsoid DLG wing mould

Does any one knows a guy who could machine aluminium moulds in 3/4" thick plates for my wings? I am ready to pay for it if not too expensive. Please contact me directly at [email protected]

SuperGee2's wing has 3 profiles

Quote Originally Posted by cocodet View Post
    This software (profdlg) is computing ellipsoïdal wings using Drela's profile or others if so you wish, then produces the Gcode needed to cut them with a CNC router. My experience is that those ellipsoïdal wings give better performance than regular Drela's wing. Supposedly the spitfire had such type of wings and was better than those aircrafts with straight wings. I have attached the soft which computes Drela's type wings, that is a wing originally in two straight sections. Take AG47 for tip and AG 455 for root and run it step by step. You will have a wing close to Drela's. Usually one cuts such wings with a hot wire and templates made using the Profili software. Good luck.
    Hi Cocodet,

You done the great job! And I just confused that on SuperGee2's design the wing has 3 prosiles: AG455ct (root), AG46ct (middle) and AG47ct (tip). In you software could just input root and tip.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 12