585,715 active members*
3,942 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dead Fanuc / Toyoda

Hello, I have an old V65 Toyoda with a system 2 Fanuc controller that does not boot up. The only explanation that I have is that it has been powered down for some time and lost it's memory.

If this is the case, where would I start to fix this problem. My company has no money for hired guns on this one.....well....for anything actually.

This is what the controller shows when I turn it on.

FS11MF 21225
    1 DUMP MEMORY
    2 -
    3 CLEAR FILE
    4 BUBBLE
    5 -
    6 END IPL
    ?

IPL
    1 DUMP MEMORY
    2 -
    3 CLEAR FILE
    4 BUBBLE
    5 -
    6 END IPL
    ?

(THATS IT, CANT GO ANY FURTHER THAN THIS.)

any help appreciated. I am the cnc programmer.

new error

Correction machine is FV65 Toyoda.

Also, under the first set of information, the machine has the following flashing error.

CHECK SYSTEM LABEL : ERROR

new error

Correction machine is FV65 Toyoda.

Also, under the first set of information, the machine has the following flashing error.

CHECK SYSTEM LABEL : ERROR

This may be for the system 3 or 6 but you could try confirming it by PM to Dan Fritz here on the zone.
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

This is a fanuc 11m! I had the same problem with a MS. when you are on the screen you discribed hit 99 then, input, Screen askes "axis" enter # of axis on machine(mine is 3) then input. Screen will change to #1 to 33 i think, input without enterein anything to all 33. These are your locked parameters, input nothing does not change them! screen will return to screen you described, then choose #6 end ipl, input. Control should reinitalize bubble,then machine should start!!?? Mine restarted !!
    if this doesn't work , you need to reload all paras. Hope you have a copy???
    Email me if you need more help
    JS

Hey thanks

yes, it is an 11m. I have not tried initializing anything until I change the batteries. But, I was assuming that I have lost the parameters.

I checked around our Millrights vacant area but found no data disks of any kind. My only hope is that a former employee said he had them backed up through our network 15 years ago.

Hopefully it initializes without needing them. In the meantime, I have been backing up the parameters on our other Fanuc's for some practice.

thanks for your help, I will keep you informed.

Currently I am confused that our machine with the OM controller is giving me poorly formatted parameters while it's twin with a better controller worked just fine. I have never liked that darn OM.

don't look tooo hard for batterys!! if you have bubble mem. you don't have any!! Try what I rtold you in last post, it woked on my mori-seki.
    j.

no go,

I tried 99 and it tried doing something but got hung up.

SYSTEM GENERATE
    CHECK SYSTEM LABER ; ERROR
    INITIALIZE SYSTEM LABEL OK?

I could not do anything at this point.

After rebooting the control, I picked

4 BUBBLE and then
    3 display defect loop

It returned 'NOT FREE MODE"

I will do some research and then reset the bubble as in my fanuc 10,11,12 series manual. around bage 288 or so.

wait a second...

Correction, it was not hung up, it was waiting for a Y and I was hitting O for ok. oops.

I did get the controller up but it still seems to be missing it's parameters. I have some things to figure out....lots.....

thanks for your help, its nice to atleast see a screen.

Sean

Hope you found your parameters an keep relay info!! My MS quit on me again last sat. Dropped all parameters again!! I've ordered the rebuild kit for the power supply ! Hope this cures my problem!!
    PM me if you need any help?? where are you located?

hohumm...

Well, I thought that I was making progress but can't get rid of an 'emg' error from my control. Nor can I start the hydraulics using the start button on the control.

I am wondering if the button that starts the hydraulics is related to the parameters or not and if I have something wrong.

I checked and toggled all the emergency stop buttons but could not clear the error. I am guessing that this error is stopping my hydraulics from booting up.

Any ideas.

thanks

electrical problem

Sounds like your motor contactors and heaters are not working? How log has mach been sitting? My mori sat in storage for a couple of years, but started up ok!! Then the leaks started then the electrics started acting up an now finally a power supply!! Does the control have any err message? Check to see if any of your parameters are there? ( go to parameter pages an see if any are there?)
    John

progress - Wrong Parameters - Possible Damage?

thanks for the help J. I did not know anything about keep relay data. I found 6 entries of info that make my hydraulics turn on. I also see a lot of timer info in some notes that I may need to enter as well.

I am still having some errors that I will deal with, but I am wondering about the parameters.

I am building my own copy and need to know what parameters if wrong may cause damage to a machine.

Try to boot the system . I don't have manuals but I think starting the machine by keeping pushed one key on keyboard the system will boot. this key cab be delete key or combination of two keys. If you ask machine builder they give it to you.

Did you input the options in the IPL screen?

Option #01 to #31 should be input after specifying the number of axes.
    The option data is usually in BCD (Binary Coded Decimal):
    Binary: 00010001 = BCD: 22
    Binary: 10000000 = BCD: 08

The options specify the use of a programmable controller or PLC or PMC or whatever...
    If the PMC is not activated, the ladder does not function and therefore the machine will not become operational. (You obviously need the PMC parameters as well)
    PMC or PC parameters are displayed on the screen after you press NC/PC
    press [PCPRM]
    => [KEEP]
    => [TIMER]
    => [COUNT]
    => [DATA]

The option parameters usually come in a separate sheet or if you have made a backup, see parameters 9100 to 9132 and convert their values to BCD.