584,866 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Vcarvz now posts G-code

Vcarvz is a text layout and 3D V-cutter carving program. It incises Tru-type text outlines, and will also alternate between incised and relieved contours within a flat DXF contour file. This software tool was originally designed as a supplement to VectorCad-Cam. It is still optimized for use with Vector, but can now also be used with any CNC G-code controller. No intervening Cam programming step is required.

The code is generic and has been tested to work directly within DeskCNC. The DeskCNC editor can simulate the actual V-carving as a rendered 3D surface, running the complete program or single/multiple block stepping.

Sample DeskCNC cut file simulation image here: http://www.imsrv.com/6x3ovalVcarvz.jpg

The upgrade is free to all previous Vcarvz customers. A 30 day demo is available for download at http://www.imsrv.com

Fred Smith - IMService

I would like to try the software, but I have been waiting all day for the email with the download link to arrive! Should it take so long?

edit - ok, got it now!
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Just had a quick go with the software, and have to admit, I like it!
    It is gonna take me a while to get it to produce some clean g-code, I had a few problems with my imported DXF, the code had a few places where it cut the same section twice, particularly on the dot of the letter "i". I am sure this is my fault, I will keep trying. I would also like to see a final finnishing pass, since I had some deep lettering, I cut in three passes, and those are clearly visible on the finnished product. Again, this can be overcome by creating a second code-set at full depth and running after the first set so I am not too worried.
    Just thought I'd give it the thumbs-up and show my first cuts, thanks Fred

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Nice job maybe a review is in order?

One question.

The demo program produced a cut file where the bit was plunging alot. Is this normal? Seemed to do this mostly on curves. Is there a setting I have wrong?

I was using Arial Black text.

That's two questions.
    1) no
    2) yes

Vcarvz support forum is at http://www.imsrv.com/discus

Increase filter parameter, and possibly text smoothing settings. Keep smoothing as low as possible and still retain smooth curves.

Fred Smith - IMService