585,712 active members*
3,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 13 of 15 31112131415
    NTCNCUG is taking a poll for the next meeting. Unfortunately for many of you, it's going to be at Wedgwood Middle School in south Fort Worth.
    Take hte poll!

Also, if you want it to be somewhere more central, put your zipcode on the member database: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntcncu...lemap/view/map I can't put it in a central place until I know what a central place is for all of us. I'd really love to start having a rotating lunch every first or third Saturday or something like that. Maybe one in Ft. Worth and one in Dallas. Who knows, there's a lot of options but we don't have any as long as the groups are dead.

Hey everyone!

I am new to the forums and am looking for a Mentor in the McKinney, Fairview, Allen, Plano area. I have been out of the military for several years now and have held several different careers, but am looking very seriously into CNC/Machining. I was hoping to chat or meet up with someone (or a group of people) to get an insiders view of the career field and where I should start my training. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

I build speakers as a hobby and a CNC machine would help a lot, but it seems it would be a very large investment with little to no return since it's a hobby. For now I was hoping to find someone local who would be willing to cut some MDF for me. I can look to building/getting my own later if it proves to be worthwhile.

However, I wouldn't mind catching up with others at a local meet just to talk about CNC machines so I can get a handle on what all might be involved.

I'm located about 25 minutes east of Plano.

Next CNC user group meeting details:

Saturday Jan. 28, 2012 10AM till 4PM and after if needed

Wedgwood Middle School
    3909 Wilkie Way
    Fort Worth, Tx 76133

Show and tell - bring your favorite work to show
    Garage Sale - bring the stuff you don't want anymore
    Texas Micro Circuit - Pendant kits
    Texas Micro Circuit - DIY CNC KIT
    Craft Enterprises - V-Carve and class discussion
    Mach 3 - setup and use

Apparently, it will start out at 10AM with a Q&A to determine the schedule. There's no official lunch planned.

I'm in the North Dallas area and would be interested in any sort of events or activities in the future.

Welcome to the list.

Perhaps we call could meet up again in the near future for lunch. Any interest?

Absolutely. I'm still new to CNC so I would love any opportunity to pick people's brains... :idea:

Would you rather have a lunch meeting? I might be willing to host something one evening for a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    Would you rather have a lunch meeting? I might be willing to host something one evening for a couple of hours.
    I'm pretty flexible. Evenings or lunch would be just fine. Are there other users out there that would want to meet up?

Hi, I work around Denton TX. and would also be very interested if this has not taken place yet. I'm new to CNC but learning as much as I can everyday and night. Starting to learn how to program a little as well. Please let me know if anything happens I'm all in on learning whatever I can to be better then the next guy in line.

I am waiting until I clear taxes and see how much if any cash I have left.

We doing any lunchings, beer meetings, etc?

My work schedule (aka, 2nd job) on projects is pretty busy. I find in some what interesting in seeing some folks have machine time available but no product. I'm just the opposite. I've got product but not enough machine time. My day job is getting in the way of my personal business.

I'm good for just about any time for meeting up with folks and talking shop. Any one interested in doing some hands on learning, brain picking etc, PM me and we can work something out. Pizza and beer is always a good thing to talk shop over.

Quote Originally Posted by osphoto View Post
    We doing any lunchings, beer meetings, etc?
    I'm good for just about any time for meeting up with folks and talking shop. Any one interested in doing some hands on learning, brain picking etc, PM me and we can work something out. Pizza and beer is always a good thing to talk shop over.
    PM sent.

Where are you from? or able to meet at?

On Thursday, April 19, beginning at 5:45 PM, the North Texas Chapter of the NTMA is having their April meeting at:

Advanced Tech Complex
    1504 Long Rd
    Denton, TX 76207

Anyone interested in attending, private message me with an email address and I will forward the RSVP information to you.

NEED HELP WITH EMC SOFTWARE

I am about 100 miles North West of Dallas and would like to be able to have some one to talk me thru a problem I have with my unit.
    I am 77 and in a power chair so it would be better for me by phone, I am using DeltaCad and Sheetcam but when I load it in the EMC software my unit goes nuts as the GCode is not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea258 View Post
    Does the first Saturday of May work? Addison? Jakes Burgers?
    Do you mean July or August?

I am interested in !

Quote Originally Posted by sam698 View Post
    I am interested in !
    Hey,

Guess we need a little more info as to what your interests are.

"CNC" covers a lot of different things.

Perhaps you can PM me and we can set up a meeting.

I'm not sure if you guys are still doing any meetings or get togethers, But I would sure be interested in attending. I'm a newbie in CNC but have been in Woodworking for many years also dabble into electronics a bit. I'm just south of Dallas and would like to be added to the list or if anyone wants to meet to talk about CNC, let me know.

Thanks.

Page 13 of 15 31112131415