585,743 active members*
5,118 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 14 of 15 412131415
    How far "just south of Dallas" are you? I do not build or repair CNC's. I work on the machining methods and CAD/CAM side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    How far "just south of Dallas" are you? I do not build or repair CNC's. I work on the machining methods and CAD/CAM side of things.
    I'm in Hutchins TX, is about 10 minutes south of Downtown Dallas, right where I-20 & I-45 meet.

So machining methods hum, that's the programing right? I'm telling you I'm new to this, so my ignorance will come and go. LOL

Love to meet some of you guys, more than anything to learn from each other and share knowledge.

Been to and through Hutchins many times. Consolidated Casting is there. I am in farthest northwest Dallas.

Yeah, methods. Like how to get a piece of stock into a finished part. And it is not all about CNC. I made a nozzle for my insecticide sprayer a couple of days with my 3/8" electric drill, a file, and a piece of 5/16" diameter brass rod.

Been to and through Hutchins many times. Consolidated Casting is there. I am in farthest northwest Dallas.

Yeah, methods. Like how to get a piece of stock into a finished part. And it is not all about CNC. I made a nozzle for my insecticide sprayer a couple of days with my 3/8" electric drill, a file, and a piece of 5/16" diameter brass rod.
    Wow, I see a lot of information we can share! I think we should set up a smaller get together. There is one other guy in Forney that I've been talking to, maybe others in the area will be interested in something relatively soon and not wait till next year when the North Texas group meets. What do you think?

Who else is interested?

I dont think any meetings been happening. If you need help get in touch with me.
    Thank you for your support in developing better cnc experiance.
    Scan my avatar with smart pnone ...... http://www.big-tex.tk/

Quote Originally Posted by Big-tex View Post
    I dont think any meetings been happening. If you need help get in touch with me.

Glad to see you are on board BigTex. I think we can rustle up a few people and get a little meeting going. I hate to jump up front on getting this thing going, but I'm really interested in figuring things out sooner than later, and I rather be sooner.

If you have any ideas let us know. Thanks.

You guys are all welcome to come down to Dallas Makerspace. We're at I-35 and Walnut Hill. We have a meeting room that is open to the public, and we're open 24/7 to members. We're a solvent and stable organization dedicated to building and equipping a community workshop. We have several diy cnc projects among the membership, but we're just starting to make inroads into real machinist type equipment, thanks to a donation from Thomas Babb of the Denton Advanced Training Complex of a Colchester Bantam 2000 lathe. I need help setting up the lathe, so please come soon...:drowning:

NTCNCUG

Hey Guys,

Here is a thought for our next meet up …

Part 1:

All those interested should attend the Woodworking Show in Ft Worth on Sat, March 9.
    Not so much on CNC but lots of general woodworking exhibits. Bring CA$H, you can actually buy stuff. Need that special router bit, they got em.
    We could meet up around noon for "lunch", or whatever.

Part 2:

Home in on March 23 or 30 for our regular meet up. Since the 16th is the end of spring break, it would be inconvenient for several of us family guys.

The Woodworking Show should provide some incentive to have some serious CNC related discussions and presentations.

Looking for Mentor north Dallas

I am really interested in learning more about machining with CNC. My knowledge in such is mostly nil, but I would love to learn from an experienced user in the field. Any kind of experience would be awesome, actually. I just graduated high school and machining seems like a viable trade that I would like to learn. I have applied for an entry level drafter at Halliburton where my grandfather works but an apprentice or intern position is what I am really looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by trsmithhart View Post
    I am really interested in learning more about machining with CNC. My knowledge in such is mostly nil, but I would love to learn from an experienced user in the field. Any kind of experience would be awesome, actually. I just graduated high school and machining seems like a viable trade that I would like to learn. I have applied for an entry level drafter at Halliburton where my grandfather works but an apprentice or intern position is what I am really looking for.
    Have you looked into the program at Richland College yet?

Have you looked into the program at Richland College yet?
    No, but definitely an option. I want to have as much hands-on experience as I can, mostly want to see if this will actually be something I truly want to further my education on.

Make an appointment with and go visit Brian Flemming at Richland College. He is continuing to make improvements to the program with getting new machines and sponsors. The North Texas Chapter of the NTMA also offers a small scholarship for this program.

I'm in Carrollton, TX. I've been working with CNC equipment (hobby not industrial) for several years. Not the brightest on what to do, but I'm and expert on what NOT to do. Would like to get together and swap lies..

Mike

There is the Dallas Makerspace. They have meetings every Thursday at their location off Walnut Hill in northwest Dallas. Look at http://dallasmakerspace.org/. I have not made it over there yet, but still have good intentions.

looking for some connections to learn CNC machining and general knowledge. Teaching myself CAD right now, and needing to get edumacated as much as possible on the practical end of things. Everything from machine basics to setup and programing in G code. Complete newb on CNC and VMC's so looking for anything to get my hands on as that is how I learn.

N Plano/Frisco area, but can travel a bit. very flexible on times as well.

Thanks

delete

ugh
    sorry

ok, not sure what is going on with either my account or the forum, but looking for CNC mentor in Plano/Frisco/Allen area. Completely new to me and sorry if this is a multiple post request

I am in Frisco, also a motorcycle rider, and interested in getting together.

I am just starting my journey. I have some plans from a fellow in Montreal. I'd be interested in looking at plans and building and help build out systems.

Welcome, Zen Bike

The term "CNC" covers a vast array of principles and projects derived therein.

Certainly, the CNCZONE forums are a good place to start learn about such topics.

However, one of the most important tips that I would share, would be to use the massive capabilities of GOOGLE search to find the information you seek
    on a particular subject.

Aside from that, feel free to post specific questions in the appropriate CNC ZONE forum of interest. There is always someone there willing to help you out.

I would be willing to assist you on a more person-to-person level.

Just send me a PM with your contact information and I will contact you to discuss your questions.

Page 14 of 15 412131415