585,663 active members*
3,039 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 15 12311

North Dallas, TX

Looking for a DFW users group to help fuel my knowledge in CNC.

How about a few CNC'ers in the North Dallas area (Allen, Plano) that would be interested in talking shop?

contact me off list. i can help.

Tom Caudle
    ww.CandCNC.com

direct e-mail and phone numbers on the website

North Dallas, TX

I am interested in starting something

Tom

Plano Texas

I am interested as well!

North Dallas

Fantastic,

That makes three of us in the North Dallas area. I live in the Allen area, lets agree to a day to meet up and exchange experiences. I'm sure there is wisdom that each of can share.

I'm a rider (motorcycle) and on Wednesday a few of us gather up and ride out to dinner. If interested in that, I'd be happy to share dinner with you.

Lets try for a Thursday? We could meet up at a dinner joint and share stories while enjoying a meal. I'm a patio kind of person unless its hot enough to melt candle wax in the heat. I'm thinking of a place long 75. Jakes Burgers off of (Park or Parker?)comes to mind. They're off the same street as Target is there in Plano.

To give some ideas of what I have to offer as for experience:

I design with Alibre and I create my g-code with Mecsoft version 6.0. My machine is run with EMC and I've cut plastic, mdf and T6061 Aluminum with it.

Looking forward to talk shop.

Lancaster

I am on the S edge of Dallas. Running DIY indexer that can route 20" by 128" and turn columns 18" by 10' running MACH3.

i'm in n.e texas in paris and new to this too so any help would be nice

I am in Gladewater Texas and would be interested in meeting to talk shop

I am also from Plano. I hope it's not too late to share in the fun with ya'll. As for me, I am a Newbie trying to get my shop together.

bakerj99,

Paris, so am I.
    Feel free to PM and we can meet up.
    Donald

I live in Flower Mound and trying to meet up with some other CNC people. Have you guys organized anything yet?

Joe

Hi i am near the carthage , tx area and want to eventually have me a cnc machine. would be interested if ya'll have a get together to learn more about cnc. i am totally new at this. would like to make signs etc. jerryf123

cnc wood routing

Quote Originally Posted by Sprint 77 View Post
    I am in Gladewater Texas and would be interested in meeting to talk shop
    Hi Sprint 77, i am near the carthage, tx area and am a newbie to cnc but am very interested. is there any kind of organization in longview or area where we can get together and learn more about cnc. Am interested in signs, etc. starting as a hobby maybe becoming a business. thanks. jerryf123

It seems we have a few north Texas people that want to meet up to talk shop. Any suggestions as to where w could meet or talk?

I've got a few projects that I'd like to get off my design table and actually start making. My shop isn't running at the moment and I'd be happy to share in the manufacturing of my designs with someone else

send me a PM if any of you are interested.

Thanks

I am game

Tom

In the San Antonio area

JB MACHINE here in the san antonio area - working on firing up a Acra 3 axis cnc mill #30 taper - custom build mach 3 console with pc and lcd etc..
    jb-machine.com for contact info

Take it easy

Now we are talking .....

I live in Forney, and have wondered how many of us are "out there"
    looking for a place to happen.

I can drive just about anywhere for a get together.

My good friend and I are midway into a Joe's 4x4 Hybrid build in Las Colinas. You can check out our progress here: http://lascolinascnc.wordpress.com/ I'd love to have some sort of dinner meet with all the local CNC enthusiasts to talk shop, since we're discovering there's a lot of "community knowledge" that isn't really down on paper anywhere.

Is there some kind of central location that looks like it would work for everyone? I'm guessing the "center point" is somewhere in north Dallas along 635, maybe between the Tollway and Central. Maybe a restaurant with big tables or private rooms that would work for a good sized group. It probably all depends on how many we have, if we've got less then 10 it will be easy, if we've got 20 it will be pretty rough. I'm going to go ahead and throw out a few places I like that I know have back rooms or private rooms: Cantina Laredo (On Lovers), Celebration, Maggiano's (expensive), Royal China, Benihana (expensive). Maybe we should all agree on a cuisine first then find a place? I'll eat pretty much anything, but my build partner will probably say no to anything more exotic than Mexican or Chinese.

I'll also go ahead and open the possibility of some kind of potluck / BBQ grill out next weekend or some other time. I don't know if anyone would be willing to host this unfortunately.

Hey guys,

If you are new to cnc why not check out the CNC programming classes at UTA? It's in Arlington, and the classes run on Saturdays.

There is a lathe programming class starting on July 11 for those interested.

here is a link to the program...Basic CNC Programming Certificate

-S

I wonder if they cover the DIY CNC level tools like vCarve, Aspire, Mach3, etc. And I wonder if you could negotiate a group discount, or get an alumni discount. $565 is a little much, but I get the sense it is tailored at people wanting to get certified and is more of a vocational program, rather than guys who want to build cool stuff in their garage. I guess I'll have to call up there and talk to the instructor.

Page 1 of 15 12311