584,812 active members*
5,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 12 of 15 21011121314

thanks for advicethanks for advice on cam software.

i will be buying cam software in near future? also. I am seriously considering Aspire 3, do they ever put it on sale?
    I live in fort worth texas and would like to know of any user groups in the area.
    thanks

i am in the fort worth area and would apreciate an invitation to any user groups in our area.

Charlie with North Texas CNC group is in Fort Worth.
    You may buy Aspire 3 through Bob Campbell he may give you discount as there are no sales....unless you are upgrading.
    Thank you for your support in developing better cnc experiance.
    Scan my avatar with smart pnone ...... http://www.big-tex.tk/

I live in the Sachse area and would be interesting in future meetings. I am currently in sponge / information gathering mode, trying learn as much as I can.

Thanks..
    Kenny

Good to see the group coming to life again. Anyone up for another meeting sometime soon? I figure some Saturday soon we could meet for lunch again.

And I know Charlie is trying to organize a workshop at a school out in Ft Worth in the near future.

I am in Paris, and it was something somewhat close I would love to attend.
    Donald

Modela
    I am in Plano you are welcome to come by.

Howdy all.

Lets see if we can stir some life into this thread again.

My shop has expanded by adding two lathes. Seems I out grew the first lathe with the first project. Go figure.

I'm also picking up more customers and it seems the designs I've posted are getting a bit of attention and people are wanting me to bring designs to reality. All great news since having paying customers helps support my shop. The bad news is, I'm but one person, have a day job and not enough time to do every thing.

With that said, It's time for another meet up!

Does the first Saturday of May work? Addison? Jakes Burgers?

I know at one time we had started a mailing list for the group here in North Dallas. And, nope, I sure don't remember what it is.

Post/email/etc for those interested in meeting up again.

John

Howdy all.

Lets see if we can stir some life into this thread again.

My shop has expanded by adding two lathes. Seems I out grew the first lathe with the first project. Go figure.

I'm also picking up more customers and it seems the designs I've posted are getting a bit of attention and people are wanting me to bring designs to reality. All great news since having paying customers helps support my shop. The bad news is, I'm but one person, have a day job and not enough time to do every thing.

With that said, It's time for another meet up!

Does the first Saturday of May work? Addison? Jakes Burgers?

I know at one time we had started a mailing list for the group here in North Dallas. And, nope, I sure don't remember what it is.

Post/email/etc for those interested in meeting up again.

John

The mailing list is: [email protected]
    There are currently 17 members. I'm ready for another meat up.
    -Ben

Hey Ben,

Thanks for posting the email!

The NTCNCUG guys have a mailing list too that everyone should be on.

ntcncug : NTCNCUG

Anyway, I haven't gotten much done but I did manage to finally buy Aspire a week ago. My first 3D cut was a total disaster so we're trying to figure out what's wrong and where, then fixing all the issues. I also moved to the Precise Bits collet for my Hitachi M12VC.

Upcoming community projects: Finish up the new NTCNCUG website on Wordpress and launch it. Get with the Dallas MakerSpace people and get them interacting regularly with the Dallas CNC community. Hopefully, get a community BBQ together at Phoenix's house in Irving and try to make it a regular event.

offtopic, but i need someone with a 4'x4' or larger cnc router to cut mdf for me on a regular basis.. anyone interested? I need someone close to dallas!

Quote Originally Posted by milkit View Post
    offtopic, but i need someone with a 4'x4' or larger cnc router to cut mdf for me on a regular basis.. anyone interested? I need someone close to dallas!
    give me shout. PM sent

subscribing to thread. I'm in the DFW area and may be able to meet up sometime

Quote Originally Posted by dneisler View Post
    I am in Paris, and it was something somewhat close I would love to attend.
    Good to see the group coming to life again. Anyone up for another meeting sometime soon? I figure some Saturday soon we could meet for lunch again.

And I know Charlie is trying to organize a workshop at a school out in Ft Worth in the near future.

I am organizing some things in northwest Dallas now for training. Anyone want in on it, just contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    I am organizing some things in northwest Dallas now for training. Anyone want in on it, just contact me.
    i might be interested. do you want me to pm you, e-mail, or just reply like this?

I need someone with a lathe to help me make some simple parts out of copper (that I can provide) for another hobby of mine (flashlights). I am on the south side of Dallas but can drive anywhere in the area for some help. CNC lathe could make this job easy and fast.

North Texas CNC Users Group will be running a booth at the Woodworking Show from Friday to Sunday. Dallas, TX Hours: Friday 12-6, Saturday 10-6, Sunday 10-4 Tickets: $12 with a free upgrade to multi-day if you fill out a survey. Layout: http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/r...-Hall-FP18.pdf We're in booth 310 right on the center aisle. Address: 500 West Las Colinas Blvd Irving, TX 75039

Anyone who's willing to man the booth, email us on the mailing list and bring a few bucks to buy a T-shirt from Charlie since the 2009 expo t-shirts are our "uniforms".

Page 12 of 15 21011121314