585,997 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas TRT210 and Fanuc 21iMB

Anyone ever use the RS232 and DPRNT with a Haas 2 axis indexer controller to control a TRT210?

The controller manual says it won't work but goes on to show examples of how to program it.

Will the 2 axis controller allow me to load and execute index moves via RS232 or do I need to daisy chain 2 single axis controllers?

Thanks

Guess all the "experts" on this forum are stumped....
    If you want to know how to do this I can forward the info for a nominal fee.

Otherwise figure it put for your self!

I think you're asking in the wrong place. I would guess that most Haas owners who run 4th axis have built-in wiring. It's a common and relatively inexpensive option on most Haas mills (and it's bundled with other options making it even more common). Haas knows that a pre-wired, 4th axis machine will sell rotary products so they keep the entry cost low on that option.

It's the built-in 5th axis that costs real money so most don't buy it unless they absolutely need it.

If they're running a 5th, it's likely that they only have a single-axis controller. I can't imagine that many on here have the two-axis control. Heck, I didn't even know they made one until I found one of FleaBay.

Have you tried calling Haas applications? They seem like they're pretty helpful.

BTW: I see you got the same lack of response in the Fanuc forum. Are ya' gonna' drop by there and piss on them too?
    Greg