584,854 active members*
4,254 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

4X4 Small Shop log

Hi guys,

Lots of info here for sure. Skipping through the post I learned alot and was able to make what I think are informed decicions. I wanted to start this thread to track my experiance as a novice in ordering, assembling and operating the Torchmate 4X4 Small Shop Machine. Hopefully with my observations and your help we can put together information to help other start up Companies get the most of thier $$ and machines.

Today, 1-3-08 I ordered my machine. After a few phone calls to Pete at Torchmate that is. He was very helpfull yet allowed me to make up my own mind. I also ordered a TD 101 from a local Welding Supply Company. This saved me a good bit of $ off Torchmate's price and a bunch on shipping cost to. So here I sit waiting for delivery.

More to follow...

Got the tracking numbers from Torchmate today. Acording to UPSit all delivers in the morning! Yee Haw!!

C.

Very cool. I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences in this.
    Bob

Any questions once you get it, let me know.
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Torchmate View Post
    Any questions once you get it, let me know.

Thanks Mike,

Your support is why I picked Torchmate. I did recieve the 3 packages as promiced. All that came is the aluminum kit for the table and gantry. No instructions and no electronics as yet. I put the table together from pictures on your site, hopefully I got it right and dont have to re do it. I'm getting anxious and need to get several of my parts back in production so I can pay for this thing!

Chris

Almost all was delivered today. The only back order was the cassette that moves across the gantry. I didnt just get some note saying it was back ordered, not even an e-mail... No, I got a phone call with a real person explaining the details and letting me know when it will be here. I was able to bolt the table together quickly. It is impressive and SOLID. I am very impressed so far...

Ok, so this is good information. I guess I was under the impression that the Torchmate would have been tested before it left the manufacturing facility. That is apparently not the case if you have major components on back order and everything else has arrived. This is not necessarily a deal killer for me but definately different than what I expected. Keep the info coming.
    Bob

I havent updated this thread as I have been VERY busy setting up this machine and other equipment too. So it's about time!! The table and gantry went together very easy. The casette delivered as promiced. After making the table I went back and looked at the video that plasma-cam sent me. It is obvious I made the right choice. I would say the Torchmate has to be built twice as well. Now for the software. I hooked it all up by the directions and kept getting an error message for the signal generator. I called TM tech and discribed the problem, Sky quickly decided I had a bad unit so the sent another one out. Unexpectedly it was sent next day air and was here in less than 24 hours! Excellent service. I hooked it all back up and was able to jog the machine around. Now I just have to wire the trigger to my plasma machine and learn the CAD and cut programs.

TM has an interactive thing where they will walk you through a tutorail of the program on line. I havent had a chance to do it yet, but it is something I'll be doing soon.

geting close

What happened to this thread? I was really hoping this was going to be the definitive user experience thread and it appears to be dead. Trail Logic what's up? You left us hanging.