585,987 active members*
4,316 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Swarf again..

Hi, All

This is courtesy one of topic in equipment-news magazine november-december edition.. I try this to build in mastercam, the part is contain wall with draft angel and floor. The case is.. when i try in my mastercam verity is cut not clear in the corner of part when I use the smaller radius ball endmill but seem alike undercut in floor surface when use the same radius of the fillet. Ihave try too with no fillet in the corner but I still find undercut in the floor. Is mastercam calculated the center of cutting tip on the ball endmill not the nose contact of the floor surface?.. I am Sorry about my English..

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails undercut.jpg   dim.jpg   check the fillet.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

In the parameters section of the tool path, there is a choice for center or tip of tool.
    You CAN do anything, if you REALLY want to, but how many people really want to?
    Kyle

I would not use swarf for this type of a toolpath. I would use Curve 5 axis. Then using lines as my tool axis control and this would not happen. Not the right path for the job you are trying to do. Swarf is fine toolpath, just not my 1st,2nd, or 10th choice for something where you are trying to force the same size tool in the the same size radius.