585,762 active members*
4,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OM tool change macro for a Kiwa/Excel

Fanuc OM tool change macro for a Kiwa/Excel

We have a Kiwa/ Excel with a Fanuc OM that had a 101 alarm. Got that fixed but in the process had to clear the memory and lost all the macros for tool change, etc. Dose any one have these? We backed up the parameters but not the macros and are feeling sort of dumb now. Any help would be appreciated.

I too have a kiwa excel. I can send them to you by mail. Let me know. Do you by chance have any idee wich parameters are for backlash???

Oh man that would be awesome. I need the programs that are in the 9000 range. I believe you will have to to turn Paramater 10 Bit # 4 to 0 be able to send these programs to a computer. Make sure to set it back to 1 when you are done, otherwise you'll end up like us.....

the Parameters for Backlash comp are as follows:

535 = X
    536 = Y
    537 = Z
    538 = 4th

Setting Range
    0 - 2550 (0.0001inch units)

If you need help, give me a call
    Matt Mason
    TR Manufacturing
    260-357-4679
    [email protected]

You got mail

Stephan

Hey Maybe you guys can help me out. I just bought a used Kiwa Excel 810 with the Fanuc OM control and I cannot figure out how to program a tool library and I do not have a book on it either. Any help would be appreciated. I have a Leadwell that has the same OM control, but it does not have a randome ATC like my excel. Like I said any help would be greatly appreciated?
    Ross Schultz
    Titan Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Machine View Post
    Hey Maybe you guys can help me out. I just bought a used Kiwa Excel 810 with the Fanuc OM control and I cannot figure out how to program a tool library and I do not have a book on it either. Any help would be appreciated. I have a Leadwell that has the same OM control, but it does not have a randome ATC like my excel. Like I said any help would be greatly appreciated?
    DGNOS/PARAM key (diagnose)
    600=spindle
    601-624 = pocket 1-24
    can be set to 00 thru 99 tool numbers.

M100 sets them all to 0
    M101 sets them to 1-24

Make sure you have parameter write enable turned on to be able to change them.

We have a machine KIWA EXCEL 510 with FANUC 0M. And we lost all the parameters. Can someone send me the parameters ?

Your BEST bet is to find a copy, even a paper copy of the original set of parameters for your machine.

That said, if you want a copy of an 810 parameter set check your PM

Re: Fanuc OM tool change macro for a Kiwa/Excel

Hi!,

I have Alarm 17 on the main spindle drive on my Excel 810 with a Fanuc 0-M control. Im missing the spindle Driver parameters. Spindle Drive is marked with a20b-1003-0010/05a
    Does anybody have a copy of these?
    Thanks in advance..

you do not need the spindle drive parameters,you need motor parameters so please share the motor code.

Zavateandu, Thank you, you seem always ready to help. Seems as in this rainy season that just started I have been having problems with machines that have worked all year. Do you think humidity have something do to with this? Attached is the motor plate. I would like to add, that there was a Damaged fuse 0.3 (looks like a Small miniature Icecube) in the A20B-1003-0010/05A Spindle drive board.

Thanks..

Attachment 306874

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...6055-h122.html

Initializing Procedure in this Post did the trick no more Al-17 displayed. Machine is running now. Now to I have to see how to backup spindle parameters

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

the back-up is simple
    follow the precedure i show here and write down all the values of the parameters in the machine book.
    the only back-up you can do is by writing down ,there is no other method to save the data in any disc.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	306938
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	306940

Hi Zavanteandu,

Oh man, Yesterday morning I turned on the machine and had Alarm 17 again. I dismounted the Spindle Drive and cleaned it, and I had a bad Contactor inside the unit.
    I cleaned it, and now haven't had any alarm. Machine can home, and there is no alarm. But I can't Change tools with M6, and recieve a 1030 Alarm which is Tool Misorient, This is logical since the Spindle cant orient because I can´t turn the spindle on.

SxxxM3 doesnt work. And I don't recieve any alarm.

It seems the Motor Parameters as you mentioned are gone.
    Do you know how I can go about finding these?
    Thanks..

download this document
    Fanuc AC Spindle Servo Unit Maintenance Manual - CNC Manual
    and put the standard parameters described in there and hope none of them were changed during time,or ask anyone that has the same motor type.

Hi @zavanteandu,

I made a list with the Parameters according to, I attached it as PDF file here..
    Confirmed the parameters that I could change with DATA SET,
    powered machine of and off.
    Sent home, S1000M3, still not working
    I think im lost.

Attachment 307278

**Update**, Found a Parameter list for MOTOR 15P, seems as it is the same as what is currently saved in PLC.
    this would mean that parameters are ok. But Spindle is still not reacting.:drowning:
    Attachment 307282

Hi,

Well, I bought a new Spindle Drive Unit. Placed the old parameters in the spindle drive. And it didnt react.

Changed parameter in PLC #2 to 0 to override Machine ready signal for spindle, all ok, No alarms.

Machine can execute M19 correctly at normal speed.

commanded M3 S500 spindle creeps at low speed ( I suspect spindle Parameters are not the right ones)

Does anyone here have a Spindle parameters F00-F53 for a A06b-6059-h206 Drive unit with a 15p Motor?

Thanks..

Well I do not think this will help because my drive is A06B-6064-H308#H550 with 335 F parameters
    I can't see the spindle motor nameplate.

Regardless here is what mine has for F0 thru F118

Quote Originally Posted by dpuch View Post
    Well I do not think this will help because my drive is A06B-6064-H308#H550 with 335 F parameters
    I can't see the spindle motor nameplate.

Regardless here is what mine has for F0 thru F118
    Dpuch,I appreciate your help.. thanks..but These were not the parameters for my machine.
    Changed DAC chips/NVRAM chip with originals
    Got the original parameters from a Friend F1-53 and the Spindle worked Immediatly,
    Seems that the motor and the spindle drive unit have a Unique set of parameters, this adds to
    that the first parameters have to be the same as how the unit communicated with the control.
    Such as the ready signal etc..
    Im so happy that I got this machine running, If anyone has a similar problem with this machine..send me a message, I will be glad to help you!
    Learned a lot this these days, especially when you Input the wrong parameters and the Spindle starts to accelerate non stop! , Then you think hey..I´ll turn off the control.
    and this doesnt do jack because the Spindle drive is still on, and The spindle keeps on accelerating.

Then you know that something is wrong!
    Thanks everyone!

I know this is a super old thread, but I made a video of the PLC parameters from my Kiwa Colt 510: https://youtu.be/HzZaz0SK4xI
    Maybe it would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by koch.Cnc View Post
    Dpuch,I appreciate your help.. thanks..but These were not the parameters for my machine.
    Changed DAC chips/NVRAM chip with originals
    Got the original parameters from a Friend F1-53 and the Spindle worked Immediatly,
    Seems that the motor and the spindle drive unit have a Unique set of parameters, this adds to
    that the first parameters have to be the same as how the unit communicated with the control.
    Such as the ready signal etc..
    Im so happy that I got this machine running, If anyone has a similar problem with this machine..send me a message, I will be glad to help you!
    Learned a lot this these days, especially when you Input the wrong parameters and the Spindle starts to accelerate non stop! , Then you think hey..I´ll turn off the control.
    and this doesnt do jack because the Spindle drive is still on, and The spindle keeps on accelerating.

Then you know that something is wrong!
    Thanks everyone!