585,599 active members*
3,495 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Design Service Barter offer for Vendors, Resellers and Manufacturers.

View Poll Results: Is this something your organization would be interested in?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reseller\Vendor - Yes, Very Much so

2 40.00%
  • Reseller\Vendor - Maybe

1 20.00%
  • Manufactuer - Yes, Very Much so

0 0%
  • Manufactuer - Maybe

1 20.00%
  • No: We do not 'barter' 'hardware' for 'services'.

1 20.00%
  • No: Our site is fine or we dont care about our company's public image.

0 0%

Smile Design Service Barter offer for Vendors, Resellers and Manufacturers.

Hi!

Ever look at CNC4PC's or World of CNC's websites(not my work, but similar) and start to worry how much longer your profits will last in a world that is quickly becoming more demanding of aesthetic presentation?

In my pursuit of hardware to continue my personal art projects and R&D efforts, I am offering something that I would not give to clients from any other industry. I can create sites as good or better than the first 2 examples that came to my mind while considering this post.

I am willing to trade professional web design, graphic design for adverts, or other design services(my site) for motion control hardware, electronics equipment, or other similar devices.

If you have been pricing design services, you probably know they can be extreme. This site that I am working on, Gabriel Telecom will end up costing them over $15,000(3 months of full time effort!). This isn't because I am overly expensive - this is just what their business needs; allot of custom code and dozens of graphics. However, I can setup E-Commerce sites quite quickly. Checkout Laser Service's website for an example of something I built for about $2500.

Please Contact me if you are interested in discussing a project of any scale, I am currently working full time doing similar work for the arch. firm that built sears tower.

Thank you,
    Robert
    RGCS
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

No: Our site is fine or we don't care about our company's public image
    :banana:

Now that is funny, and yet so true
    Don't know if I want a site again but should make a decision by this time in Feb.
    If so might be worth a look:wave:

Hi,thanks for replying!

It isn't just funny and true, but it is just beginning. We do not need specific statistics to prove what we have all seen: the cost reducing effect of virtual storefronts as opposed to actual brick and mortar operations is enormous; while many people are allready using the internet, many more are still going to come online in the next decade A basic or sketchy looking web presence is quickly becomming a large business liability!

The potential of a global market for companies of any scale is superb, but not sustainable without a clear marketing and design vision for your company.

To continue to grow as an online company, your store will inevitably need to be upgraded. Remember, a $10,000 website is allot cheaper than a brick and mortar store.

Good luck everybody, and thank you for reading!

Robert
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

there is a lot of web designers out there that do a awsome job for alot cheaper prices

I checked out your site to build a site like that how much would you charge