585,708 active members*
4,024 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco KM3 w/ Ultimax

Hurco KM3 w/ Ultimax

Good day,
    I am lined up to optain a KM3 within a couple of months. This machine was donated to a local school about 10 years ago but NEVER used. It was found to have a bad board which was estimated to cost about $800.
    For a "donation" to the school I can take this mill home.
    They have no manuals for the KM3. I would like to fine someone out there in Hurco Land, that would a) maybe have a no longer needed manual or b) allow a copy of the manual to be made and I could reimburse for the cost and shipping.
    My second goal is to find an inexpensive CAD CAM program which I can load onto my desktop computer that will drive my Hurco.
    I am a hobbiest but I use to work in mold shops running CNC's and programming on CAD systems. I have been out of the machine shops for almost 15 years but have a few manual machines that I build scale steam locomotives with.
    Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance for your time and efforts.
    BTW. I got onto this site from a link from Bob CAD CAM. I would like to hear from anyone who has dealt with Bob CAD, before I post my experience.
    Thanks again and you can e-mail directly at [email protected]
    Martin

I sell a manual. It is about 28 pages. It is an intro and advanced training manual ($70.00 USD). If you need a repair manual I would sugest calling Hurco U.S. at 1-800-634-2416 any of the tech support guys should be able to help. As for the board you may check ebay or something like that. Or ask Hurco if they have a machine they are reconditioning or know of one for sale that the ball screw is trash on or something like that.