584,817 active members*
4,804 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > loud beep at every key press? turn off?

loud beep at every key press? turn off?

Is there a setting to turn off the loud beep at each keypress? I was looking through the manual and the user settings but I didn't see anything about changing the volume of the beep.

Just got my VF-2 and SL-30 delivered yesterday! What an exciting day! I'll see if I can post some pictures of these two beasts and the fork lift that wielded them.. hehe

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pmurdock View Post
    Is there a setting to turn off the loud beep at each keypress? I was looking through the manual and the user settings but I didn't see anything about changing the volume of the beep.

Just got my VF-2 and SL-30 delivered yesterday! What an exciting day! I'll see if I can post some pictures of these two beasts and the fork lift that wielded them.. hehe

cheers
    On the bottom of the control pendant, there should be a black knob. Turn it and it will adjust the volume of the key beeps.

To clarify what Cory said, the beeper is located on the bottom of the pendant. The face of the beeper rotates to cover or uncover the speaker (adjusting the volume).

Mine is fully closed and I still find it obnoxiously loud. I'm eagerly awaiting somebody coming along and telling a painless way to reduce it even further (before I jab a dental pick through it ).
    Greg

Take the back of the pendant, take the beeper out of the bottom, wrap it in some foam and leave it laying on the bottom of the enclosure.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

that's a pain.. It should be as simple as a setting with a value of 1 to 25 or something like that..

it does help covering the speaker though.. mine came fully open and it was ear piercing everytime I hit a key.

cheers!
    Paul

You want a real pain or nasty trick for your second shift people? Turn the baffle so it is full volume and then go into the Settings and turn on Beep at M30. As soon as a program ends with an M30 the beeper starts.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    You want a real pain or nasty trick for your second shift people?
    That's not the only time it's annoying. The TL-1 does it at tool change. It's beeping like crazy but I like to clear chips before swapping the tool and resuming the cycle. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.(chair)
    Greg

just pop the back off the cover and disconnect the white plastic connector.

thats easiest on vf8s anyway
    >>>>>>>>>> Made In England <<<<<<<<<<

Duck tape.

I turned a bit of delrin rod as a pop-on cover for the beeper knob/opening, that brought the sound down to a manageable level. --ch

Re: loud beep at every key press? turn off?

cheers
    I just rolled up ear plugs really thin and lodged them in there and closed the volume adjuster. Peace, and Quite.

Quote Originally Posted by MCnC978 View Post
    I just rolled up ear plugs really thin and lodged them in there and closed the volume adjuster. Peace, and Quite.
    Eleven year old thread!
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Take the back of the control off and pull the plug out from the beeper it's the easiest way

cheers
    Setting 356 will turn it off also depending on the version different number can turn it down or up