585,930 active members*
3,529 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Is anyone using V19 with Vista OS?

Is anyone using V19 with Vista OS?

I just purchased V19 with a CNC mini lathe package from an outfitter but I think I will have to return it as I was going to buy a PC to load it on and think Vista will not support an older program like this.
    I have a Mac, but I would like to learn CAD/CAM CNC on a PC. Is anyone using V19 with Vista?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleck View Post
    I just purchased V19 with a CNC mini lathe package from an outfitter but I think I will have to return it as I was going to buy a PC to load it on and think Vista will not support an older program like this.
    I have a Mac, but I would like to learn CAD/CAM CNC on a PC. Is anyone using V19 with Vista? Thanks.
    Not yet but V19 is a little out dated at this point. You may be able to find a reasonably priced pc on Dells website that is still running XP. I just bought 2 a month ago. 1 Inspiron 1501 and 1 Inspiron 1521.

I have to admit that the Core2 Duo Processors are quite fast and the Nvidia Graphics Cards at 512MB are great as well.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/s...dhs&~ck=anavml
    http://www.dell.com/content/topics/s...=19&l=en&s=dhs
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Looking back I should have bought something with XP like a refurb. , but I got a new laptop at the large computer chain store going out of business sale.
    Thanks.

From what I am reading, I could stick with Vista, buy V21 or 22 and wait for the bugs to be worked around.

I just loaded V19 on a Vista machine last night. Waiting for the new Registration codes to turn it completely on. I haven't noticed anything peculiar yet, but have only opened a new drawing and made a box, just to see if it was alive. The toolpath for simple facing worked OK, but I haven't gone any further. So far it's heart is beating but I'm not sure if its brain will actually work!!

There is another option.

Use microsoft's Virtual PC. You will need an OEM copy of XP but it works.

Install Virtual PC (free on microsoft.com) and then you can install XP on the virtual system.

BobCad V19 Works with VISTA!

I lost my main CAD computer last week - see my pervious post about getting V19 loaded on VISTA. There were several error messages that came up when I first did the software load. A call to BobCad fixed the problem. There's a "run compatible OS" option available down in the START menu. The BobCad folks walked me through the install and everything worked perfectly. Again, excellent support from BobCad. After the call, I found an email they had sent me the night before with the VISTA installation instructions in it. So you really don't even have to call them, just email and ask for the VISTA compatability instructions.