585,930 active members*
3,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question mazak-ajv-32/405

Reciently bought a mazak ajv-32/405 with mazatrol cam m-2. I have no manuals or keys for the machine. I have powered it up but cant move it anywhere.Need help don't know anything about this machine.Most machines have a button to start the hydrolics but i can't find one.Help!!!!
    Damon1313

An AJV with an M2 control? Not a "M32" control? I don't recall the AJV being that old. VQC for sure but.....

I can't recall any hydraulic buttons for starting (not even on a M2 machine) ... other than resetting or forcing the pump. Any alarms? Everything is powered up in the electrical cabinet?
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

You are right there is no hydrolic button so the main on button boots up everything. Right now i am getting an e-stop alarm that i can't get rid of. Only if i press the reset and ot button that i hear the hydrolics kick in but i still can't move any of the axises. I am also looking for manuals for this machine and an edit button keys. If anyone knows where i can find any of these things let me know. The main thing is to move the axis and go from there.
    Damon1313

if you press ot release and then reset while still holding in the ot release and the hydraulics come on it means you have an overtravel and you should be able to move your axis in handle mode.

Thanks Kevins75 i finally got the axis moving. Now i have and try and recover the tool changer. It seems that the tool arm is caught in on a tool in the changer. Any tips on that one.
    damon1313

the tool changer i am not sure on, on other machines the solenoids can manually be pushed to get the tool changer back to atc zero.

Try putting it in a manual mode. Press the FO button. Should have several options. Push the SWING SPINDLE button. The tool changer should swing toward the spindle. Hold it down till it swings all the way. If it did'nt release, then you will have to trigger the hydralic valve behind the machine somewhere. Take an allen wrench and stick it in the side of the valve and push. One side triggers one direction and the other side goes the opposite direction. The finger may also be gauled up that grips the tool. Look at that first. It would need cleaning and regreased. Try these ideas. I'm not sure they will work, but it won't cost you anything either.

have you fixed your tool change proble yet

Finally got a chance to work on the machine. Got the tool changer to move only to find a big hydrolic leak in the changer solenoid. Thanks for all the help.
    Damon1313

Now that i found the leak i need to fix it. I am looking for a seal kit for the index motor - part # 160-2PT-2AHO-HL - mfg# 7- C nop(nippon gerotor).
    I got one seal # 28x36x5.5. It seems non of my suppliers have them.
    Damon1313

tool changer

those index motors are sometimes very hard to get seals for. there is a place that rebuilds them and i should be able to get their number tomorrow for you. let me now if you are interested in having the motor repaired. bob.

we can change them ourselfs but the number might come in handy. thanks
    Damon1313

HAVE YOU FOUND THE SEALS YET? IF NOT, THEY JUST REBUILT ONE AT WORK. COULD NOT GET THE RIGHT SEAL KIT FROM MAZAK. THEY FOUND WHAT THEY NEEDED IN KNOXVILLE TN. AT A FRACTION OF THE COST. BUT YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE SIZE OF THE SEALS. IT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN A KIT. IT WAS EITHER AT SIGNAL PRODUCTS (865) 584-6175 OR AT MOTION INDUSTRIAL (865)546-1704. THIS IS WHAT THE MAINTENANCE GUY TOLD ME. YOU MAY WANT TO GIVE THEM A TRY.