585,722 active members*
4,039 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > way cover wiper seals for our Haas VMC

way cover wiper seals for our Haas VMC

We have bought from Haas before but comes in an uncut roll for 100 bucks. wondering if there is a cheaper option out there? Where do I go?

Hi do you still find this subustitution source, we have these, in several types, if you are interested, please send message for a catalogue, thanks

Give Dynatect a call (Bellows and Protective Covers Manufacturer - Gortite, 800-394-1547). Most of HAAS' wipers are based on their TFW-1/2 (see page 2 => http://www.gortite.com/docs/telaflex...ts%2046-47.pdf).

If you guys find a good substitute let us know. I can call my old boss to see where he got it. I remember he said he paid pennies on the dollar compared to what Haas wanted.
    Tim

Not sure how this compares going direct, but A&A stocks and sells the TFW-1/2 in 8 foot lengths for a little over $3/ft.

Quote Originally Posted by bob1112 View Post
    We have bought from Haas before but comes in an uncut roll for 100 bucks. wondering if there is a cheaper option out there? Where do I go?
    Shoot, that's pennies. Try buying them for the older mori mills. About 800 per cover. It was so bad, we had dies made and sell it bulk. Took a while to get the hardness and shape correct, but it works well now.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Shoot, that's pennies. Try buying them for the older mori mills. About 800 per cover. It was so bad, we had dies made and sell it bulk. Took a while to get the hardness and shape correct, but it works well now.
    I know - Mori wipers are crazy ... hard to find, expensive to buy when you do, etc. I knew of one customer who actually bought replacement telescopics just to pilfer the wipers out of them. These weren't your typical telescopic wipers either - more "L" shaped. A&A did the same thing as you - had a die made and sold it in bulk at a much much more reasonable rate.