585,933 active members*
3,597 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Connecting Desk top to 1997 Milltronics VM16

Connecting Desk top to 1997 Milltronics VM16

Hello all,

I'm looking for some help to get going with the machines I just bought.
    I bought: 1994 Patner I w/Cent5(not running yet), 1996 VM16w/Cent5(not running yet), 1997 VM16 w/Cent VI ( RUNNING )

I already had a Partner IV w/Centurion IV controller(VENTAGE) It runs but is just sitting. I've made tons of parts with it in the past.

The machine that is running is the VM16 W/Centurion VI controller.
    The shop I got it from had many machines on a either net switch box.
    From thier computer runing MasterCam they were able to creat and then drag and drop an NC file in to a folder called DRIVE "(J)" From the desk top this represented the drive that is in the VM16 Mill.
    I guess the NC file was then DNC'd from the drive...

I wanted to connect an eithernet (cat 5) cable between the desk top computer running Windows XP Pro to the Cent. VI with Windows 3.1.

We have a Standard Cat5 cable and we have a Cross Over Cat5 cable as well. Is this possible without a router / switch box?

Need held getting the Desk Top to send and receive files from the Mill.

Is there someone that can help me get this set up?

thanks,

SpeedMetal

I am assuming that the machine is capable of networking. Please look at the attached documents for networking help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you are not putting a hub between the two computers you will need to use the crossover cable.

OK,
    I've found the guy that hooked it all up the first time years ago coming in on Tuesday to fix whatever it is that's wrong with the either, router, ISA card drivers.

I think the ISA card driver is gone. The machine throughs an erra telling me that the Protocall or the drive for the NET is not found. So, there I go.

I just hope this guy doesn't break the bank while getting the machines to talk.

Gotta get to making some parts ASAP. Racing season is not far away.

I'm stil learning to CAD/CAM but I've got these drawn and tool paths done and ready to cut as well as a few others.

Got three of these now and one Vintage Partner IV with CENT IV

Looks good!

I have a Milltronics MB19 that is networked.
    You may only need to create an account on the host computer that has
    the username of MILL and on your milling machine you may have to edit the path to the computer.
    If you are using XP, you may have to change a few of the network security settings to allow the mill to connect.
    I have the MILL account as a ordinary user with restricted rights and access only to the MILL folder. If you don't have internet access on the mill's computer you don't need to worry about limiting the account.

Scott

I purchased the last machine

Speedmetal,

It looks like we purchased the machines from the same place. You have a hugh advantage over me, because I have not ran\setup an Partner 1 before and would like to tough base with you and see if we can in someway help each other. I have my machine in place and powered up, but thats it. Let me know, email me at [email protected]. I am in cedar park, tx.