585,906 active members*
3,562 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 23 of 90 1321222324253373
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch_Irawan View Post
    Oh.. Thank you, I am flattered!

While doing that I can feel how good the designer is, the high orderliness of the design shows that. I believe that I've learn something just by drawing the overlay.

About working at Geckodrive, you are joking right?

Best Regards, Ichan.

PS: I put some questions for you on Geckodrive yahoo group yesterday, have you see it?
    Ichan,

1) About working at Geckodrive: Please see post #241, first few paragraphs, about our humane working conditions and then see if you're still interested.

2) The busted G201s: I just looked at our Yahoo group messages and saw yours. I will reply late today or tomorrow.

Mariss

117 by my count for soldered components.

The heat sink plate and screws do not count. This is for solderable parts only.

-Marcus

1) About working at Geckodrive: Please see post #241, first few paragraphs, about our humane working conditions and then see if you're still interested.
    Haha... I dont need to see the message back I remember that because I was grin widely when I read it, you know something that (maybe) most people don't.

2) The busted G201s: I just looked at our Yahoo group messages and saw yours. I will reply late today or tomorrow.
    I am waiting. Now I am in progress sharpening the blade for a ceremony sacrifying one of the Gecko's as an endeavor of saving the life of the other two... :wee:

Best Regards, Ichan.

Part-count contest

If I'm eligeble for this contest, than my count is 125.

My count is 119
    http://9w2dtr.blogspot.com/

Calling it early

Well, you guys are better than I thought. Because all of the slots for first, second and third have been filled, I am going to end the contest early. The reasoning behind this is because there is no more room to win, so there is not point in delaying the results. So, without stringing this along longer than it has to, here is the list of winners:

1.) MrWild - 118 - Post #422
    1.) jojje bergman - 118 - Post #431

2.) ch_irawan - 117 - Post #411
    2.) jacmarhal - 117 - Post #419

3.) ddexd - 119 - Post #427
    3.) ljohann1 - 119 - Post #430

The number of solderable parts is 118, and MrWild and jojje bergman got it right on. If the winners could email me at [email protected] and send me your info, I will put you in the winners file so you will get your drives as soon as they are available. I will need your:

First and Last Name
    Shipping Address
    Phone Number

I do believe that I got it correct and counted the first winners correctly, but if there are any disputes and you feel shorted in any way please PM me with your complaints.

And the winner of the "Geckodrive Favorite" award is ch_irawan. This wins no prizes, but just lets you know we liked your drawing. It was pretty.

We will have more contests coming up before the geckos are released into the wild, so be sure to check back.

If you have any questions, please shoot me an email or PM, and I will be happy to answer it for you.

Congratulations to our winners!

-Marcus Freimanis
    VP of Ridiculous Contests

Congrats to you guys, that was fun to watch.

And of course to GeckoDrives, you guys are great in everyones books.

Joe

Yipee... yes... yes... yes!

This is the first contest prize(s) in my life :banana:

Thanks for all of the fun.

Best Regards, Ichan.

Congrats to all the winners. I am tempted to go back and re-count to try and see where I missed the 5 components. Can't wait till the next contest.

Kenith

Thank you CH Irawan. It was going off of your good work that allowed me my guess. I feel kind of bad, but also kind of good. CoMarcus also was a help explaining what was and wasn't considered parts. Golly, I can start the PCB mill I drew plans for but has sat due to no electronics. Everything else is sitting here waiting to be machined and assembled.

Thanks Marris for another great contest!

congratulations to all winner!!

anyhow, can't wait for the cheap drives to roll out....

Mariss,

just curious, I am currently using L297/8 based driver and the "vibration" sound produced when jog is kinda irritating.. will the mighty tiny cheap drives cure this???
    http://9w2dtr.blogspot.com/

Congrats to all winners and special notationists.
    I think this is only the beginning for these little drives enabling guys to have really good performance for not much moola. I don't want to bad mouth Xylotex at all. They have been good to me and many other guys. The little gecko's just open up a lot of doors for an oddball number of axes and special projects as well as guys needing to get their feet wet without going to the beach.
    Heck, I'm proud of these little gecko's and I had nothing to do with it's development and haven't even see these run. There really is a lot to be said about getting the most out of your motors when it comes to cnc. These things would operate any cnc I have made to date. A little low on the voltage side for the mill, but certainly still usable.
    Congrats to all at Gecko as well. They got it goin on.
    Lee

Thank you CH Irawan. It was going off of your good work that allowed me my guess. I feel kind of bad,...
    You are welcome MrWild, no worries - throw away that bad feeling. It was more about fun to me, besides I already won something by doing that - I found something unique on the design which is new to me. It was my decision not to include those two hole below the main capacitor as a component, I was thinking they only act as power via for star power distribution point.

Have a nice day, good luck with your project.

Well, just so you know how close you really were, ch_irawan, we have an overlay of our parts on your layout. You can see where you missed just one part in the corner there, as it shows up in black. Everything in black is what we have on our drawing, and in red is yours. Again, good job.

-Marcus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails contest.jpg  

ok good work guys congrats on the wins...now that it over..ill tell yall something that would have gave yall a good laugh.....i first thought the contest was on the board pictured..showing the parts that were ALREADY installed...lolol so i was going to guess was like 14 and i was wondering how in the world yall were getting 115 parts or what ever..lolol im such a noob to driver boards......admit it yall would have laughed at me ...right?? lol
    "witty comment"

Ah, I missed the pads hidden in the "GE" of the silkscreen. It was fun tho, congratulations guys.

Quote Originally Posted by .xXACEXx. View Post
    ok good work guys congrats on the wins...now that it over..ill tell yall something that would have gave yall a good laugh.....i first thought the contest was on the board pictured..showing the parts that were ALREADY installed...lolol so i was going to guess was like 14 and i was wondering how in the world yall were getting 115 parts or what ever..lolol im such a noob to driver boards......admit it yall would have laughed at me ...right?? lol
    Oh no. Not me.
    Things were a little unclear initially and I blame Marcus, but he pulled through it and nailed it down. I would not have really changed my answer much even gven all the added info. In fact, probably further off. If I would have added a dc switch for all three drives, I would have been right on the money.
    Now don't laugh at me either and never switch the DC side of a power supply to any gecko or other drive. It is a brutal thing to do to such a nice drive.
    Lee

I also am feeling a bit guilty over my win as I used Ch_Irawan's overlay for my count. Marcus, if you read this please send my two "cheap drives" to Ch_Irawan when they become available. Only then will I have a clear conscience.

Well, just so you know how close you really were,...
    Ah... there is the mistake, I was right about the power vias.
    Thank you Marcus, this is amazingly interesting.

I also am feeling a bit guilty over my win...
    Oh... NOOO! Dont hear that Marcus...

Page 23 of 90 1321222324253373