585,977 active members*
4,670 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 31 of 90 2129303132334181
    Lee,

Please don't misunderstand what I said to you.

You don't need permission to post on the CNCZone forum.

I was expressing my gratitude.

Again I thank you.

Jeff Alessi

Hurry Gecko....... the guys are getting restless...... We're going to have to start sending them some red meat..........
    Walking is highly over-rated

Quote Originally Posted by CoAMarcus View Post

Waiting for the PCB's
    This is killing me
    Our machines sit idly

-Marcus
    Marcus,
    If you're bored, I have some technical questions...

1) Can you please post the new mounting layout for the new larger boards? I'd like to pre-drill a heatsink/mounting plate so this may be important.

2) Any advice for or against dielectric thermal tape (instead of insulators or hard-anodized heatsinks). If this is ok, then I don't need to worry about drilling anything.

Thanks,
    Andrey

kinda makes me think what its like to pull a piping hot pizza out of the oven as the smell makes the mouth soaked with drool and the desire to dig into that sucker out weighs the patience needed to let that baby cool down , waiting is always a hard thing to do

looking forward to seeing some of those drivers
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

yup ,,,, i am on my knees with arms raised waiting..... i hope i do not knee pads

Stopping in to see if there is a new contest is getting better everyday! My side is hurting.....If laughter is good medicine I'm the healthiest Guy around! Maybe we should change the name of this thread to As the Steppers Turn....You guys at Gecko have real patience and self control hats off to you. Rev 4 you also have been real busy.....

OK, you have my full attention. I appreciated your earlier helpful dictionary definition of the word 'brag'. Perhaps it will somehow come in handy in expanding my lexicon and command of the language. More confusing but still appreciated is the 'poetry' you somehow saw fit to post on a technical thread.

It's my fault but what I'm missing here is context. In its absence I have to assume it was offered up as a work of art to be critiqued. Why here instead of a poetry group I don't know but I'll step up to the plate and do my duty.

I'm an engineer, not a literary critic. Being an engineer, I know a crap design when I see it. Being someone who also enjoys literature, be it prose or poetry, I also know crap when I read it. Just my uninformed opinion, you understand.

Mariss

Okay, all of the contest winners are going to have their drives sent out today. We have tested the drives and assembled them, and they are in the office being processed as I type this. They will be going out UPS or FedEx ground, and you should get them some time next week. Enjoy!

-Marcus Freimanis

Okay, it is time for the final G251 contest. This is going to award three (3) G251s to the winner, with a second and third place being awarded two (2) drives and one (1) drive respectively. Below are the rules, and what the contest actually is.

This contest is going to be for the naming of the drive, exactly like we did for the G100 G-Rex. This is what you think the drive should be named, and if we choose your name for it you will receive three G251s. Now, the rules:

1.) This will begin at 5:30PDT May 7, 2008 and will end at 5:30PDT May 12, 2008.
    2.) There is one entry per person, and your first entry counts so make it good.
    3.) The winner will be chosen completely arbitrarily by vote of the employees of Geckodrive, Inc.
    4.) There are no exchanges, and only three G251s are up for grabs.
    5.) The contest is only open to CNC Zone members who have been members since before the contest began. This is to prevent people from creating a second handle and entering twice.
    6.) There is no editing of submissions; any and all edited submissions will be immediately disqualified. This is to prevent the stealing of ideas and claiming you had it first.

Again, the winners will be chosen by a vote of all Geckodrive employees on Tuesday, May 13, or some time around there. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks, and good luck!

-Marcus Freimanis

Sphaero
    Short for:
    Sphaerodactylus ariasae

The Jaragua Sphaero or dwarf gecko measures just 1.6 centimetres (three-quarters of an inch) in length

Jack
    Walking is highly over-rated

Entry submission: Gecketo

(meaning Small Gecko)
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

entry: Leopard gecko

Eublepharis macularius — The most common gecko kept as a pet is the leopard gecko, which does not have toe pads with setae, but rather claws.

It does mean that you may have to call the larger gecko range the;

Tokay gecko, Gekko Gecko — a large, common gecko

Cheers,

Peter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leopard_Gecko.jpg   Tokay_Gecko.jpg  
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

leopard gecko or just leopard....... it is one of the most common geckos kept in the home and has claws instead of pads on its feet.....grrrr :-)

dammmmmmm beaten by seconds i wonder if it is possible to see what the actual time in seconds i am curios to see what the difference in time was between two people posting the same idea was?

Quote Originally Posted by the4thseal View Post
    dammmmmmm beaten by seconds
    Sorry, but you should get rid of that dialup. :-)

Cheers,

Peter.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

ha ha i have fiber optic and it is blazing ,,,,,it is me who must be slow. good luck

Naming contest entry

How about the Pēpē Gecko?

Pēpē means baby in Hawaiian.

-Andrey-

Worlds Smallest Gecko...

How about the Jaragua Sphaero? Or Just Jaragua or just Sphaero?
    NEATman

OOps too late for that one, but how about:

Sphaerodactylus ariasae
    Or just Sphaerodactylus, or Sphaero? Or perhaps Ariasae?
    http://inny.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=508

NEATman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sphaero.jpg  

I like the G-mini or alternate spelling gemini. If that is looked at as attempting 2 entires, Ill stick with G-mini.
    klmjr

Power Capacitors

Anybody have suggestions for sourcing inexpensive power caps for power supplies? I need something in the range of 25k - 30kUF, 75VDC.

Thanks,
    -Andrey-

Page 31 of 90 2129303132334181