586,005 active members*
4,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 66 of 90 1656646566676876
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1793

Arithmetic not so simple

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    A 1/2 dozen minimum order times 96 would still net you almost 20K per day.
    That's simple arithmetic.
    JoeyB
    The arithmetic isn't that simple and often the problem when people complain about pricing. You are only looking at it in simple terms, not economic business terms, which is understandable since it's not your business and your interest only lies in getting a lower price. By processing the number of orders you suggest at a minimum of 6 per order negates the fact that it's already a busy office with minimal capacity for processing more. If they did as you say they would have to forgo the current higher margin business of $20k/day for lower margin business of $20k/day which is a poor business decision since they would make less money.

To cover the orders you are suggesting and keep their current business/processing capacity will require more staff which increases the cost over head and the price per unit of the product. There is always a best price point in terms of quantity/price to cover the over heads above that of the manufacturing costs, this is what has been presented as the pricing Gecko will be using. It's a very common mistake to only consider the manufactured price in determining the final sale price. I've done the same thing and usually realise in the end analysis it will be twice the hoped price due to sale and processing costs.

If you are going to make useful statements regarding a companies business decisions, you need to back it up with complex arithmetic that shows true understanding of the problem rather than a simplistic analysis.

I too run a business and people need too understand that it's not just what the cost of the product that has been released, that will determine it's actual cost.

Other factors are in play.

-Jason

Other factors are in play.
    There are a lot of factors to consider. Here is one: Gecko must still be able to not only sell at the stated price in quantities of 1000, but they must also be able to meet the contracted obligations to their suppliers. I am glad to see a quality product come at what seems to be a low price but as a businessman I can also see that there are some huge risks to Gecko that could still equal losses that exceed the sales and profits of the new drive if enough quantity does not get sold. It is doubtful but it is possible. I mean I have not seen anybody here offer to purchase 1000 drives, but many have complained that they would have to purchase 6.

To Mariss: It is never a good idea to discuss pricing and costs with customers until you have a final. If you must discuss pricing then you are better off to go higher. That way if you come in lower you are considered a saint. Afterall, if you sell the drive for $61 each to individuals you are still making $60.50 right??? Not so but that is how customers think. Somehow I think you knew this but just became reassured.

Then again ---- what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post

The G250 and G251 manuals are completed. If interested, see the attached pdf files.

Mariss

Hi Mariss,

There is an inconsistance with the Pin numbering and Description in the G250 manual.

i think I've mentioned this before, but the text describing the pin usage in the G250 manual defines;

Do not use (Pin 26)
    Step (Pin 28)

The Main Connector diagram shows;

26 - Step pin
    28 - Do not use

So which one is which?

Cheers,

Peter.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

The latest manuals are the official and correct ones. Please discard any previous pinout information.

Mariss

The latest manuals are the official and correct ones. Please discard any previous pinout information.

Mariss
    Mariss,

The error is in the latest manual "USERS MANUAL REV-7 JULY 26, 2008" that you posted a few days ago.

Is there a later one somewhere?

Cheers,

Peter.

The July 26, 2008 G250 manual is the correct manual. Everything before was preliminary information.

Mariss

The July 26, 2008 G250 manual is the correct manual. Everything before was preliminary information.

Mariss
    Yes, I know that it is the correct manual. But, it has an error in it.

Attached are images from the latest manual.

You can see the error. The connector diagram indicates that the step pin is 26. The text indicates it is 28

So which is it?

Cheers,

Peter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails step.jpg   step2.jpg  

My apologies. The first page text is correct, the second page is in error. I inserted the wrong .wmf file into Word from which I generated the pdf file. Yngndrw caught another typo as well. Thank you for catching it and I'll get this taken care of.

Mariss

Man my twit filter got a workout on this thread In case you aren't sure what I mean, in your User CP there is an Edit Ignore List under the Settings and Options tab.

The good news I blocked 90% of the chaff after their first post ... the bad, some people quoted them and fed the trolls

Mariss, you are an inspiration and I appreciate the in depth technical analysis you gave on the chopper versus pwm among others. Right now I'm trying to decide if the cracks, hissing, and squeals is enough that I need 3 new drives at $30 ...

Jay

300$ for a truley incredible 4 axis controller and 61$ for a single axis controller with 31$(?) start time for 2 weeks.

If somebody else complains please PM me your address so i can go run you over in my car.

Regards

Hi Mariss,

Just seen the new look Gecko Website.
    You have got some great info in the Support area especially the choosing the right drive for the Job.
    Have really enjoyed seeing you go through the process of designing and building the drives. It is a pleasure to see a master at work.

Cheers
    Peter

I just looked at the new website too. The only thing I would suggest is to PUT SOME CHEAP DRIVES ON IT!

I thought that went well with the theme of this thread.

New site looks great, Guys. While the OD green was nice, the new look is cleaner. I don't like the hover over thing that enlarges the images, but that is just me. Once you have seen it do it's thing once, it becomes a little pesky. Ebay has that feature too, and I don't like it there either.

Keep up the great stuff, Guys.
    Lee

love the new site!

Mariss! When will the 540's be released

-Jason

Great new site!! Cant wait to see the 251's on it!

Adam
    www.adambrunette.com - Converting My Harbor Freight X2 And My Jet Jvm-830 Knee Mill, As well as many other projects.

Hi All,

I clicked on the Gecko advertisement and received: "The page cannot be found". This made me curious. So I entered Geckodrive.com and, lo and behold, there was the NEW Gecko site.

It's kind of barren, but functional. However, I was dismayed, sort of, because the "NEW" little Geckos weren't listed yet.

I received my stepper motors today from Keling Technology, Inc. and can't wait to wind them up. Hint, Hint.

Needless to say, I am anxious. Just like a kid with a new toy. Can't wait. Must wait. Hurry up and wait. Be patient. ETC, ETC, ETC.

Seriously, I've committed to the new tiny Geckos and will wait for them. Mariss, and crew, have done a great job and put out great products.

Al

Question Vendor List?

Please post a vendor list that will be selling the new G251 and G540 products.

The new Donut machine needs twelve of them!

JoeyB

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedsCustom View Post
    love the new site!

Mariss! When will the 540's be released

-Jason
    he said mid august

peace

New website has some dead links on the technical docs page, otherwise looks like a good site and I suspect it will be easier to order from than the old site.

Chris

Hi,

The G540 is ready and is available for sale starting tomorrow. I have attached the G540 MANUAL.pdf for those who want to look at it.

Mariss
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 66 of 90 1656646566676876