584,826 active members*
5,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 68 of 90 1858666768697078
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1793

Question .XML file for Mach3?

Is there a .XML file for the G540 availible for download?

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Is there a .XML file for the G540 availible for download?

Jeff...
    A .xml file showing what ?

Smile A .xml file showing what ?

"A .xml file showing what ?"

Some of the breakout boards etc... have a pre-configured .xml file available for Mach3

It would aid in the setup of the G540 since the majority of settings required in Mach3 would be preset thru the .xml file.

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Fe Al View Post
    Hi Guys,

Could we just use a Inverting Buffer so we can still use the E-Stop as a normally closed switch?

Just an idea.

Al
    Hi Al,

For EStop, you would probably be better of with a small N/C relay using the contacts to close the stop.

Then connect all your estop switches in series so that they activate the relay coil keeping the contacts open.

That way if any switch opens, or the wiring fails the relay will close activating the G540 ESTOP.

BTW, your estop setup should do more than just signal the G540. You should also considered removing the AC power. It all depends on what machine is being controlled and what damage it can do. :-)

Cheers,

Peter.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by phomann View Post
    Hi Al,

For EStop, you would probably be better of with a small N/C relay using the contacts to close the stop.

Then connect all your estop switches in series so that they activate the relay coil keeping the contacts open.

That way if any switch opens, or the wiring fails the relay will close activating the G540 ESTOP.

BTW, your estop setup should do more than just signal the G540. You should also considered removing the AC power. It all depends on what machine is being controlled and what damage it can do. :-)

Cheers,

Peter.
    Hi Peter,

I have designed my E-Stop circuits to deactivate the transformer output before it goes to the diodes by using a relay.

My E-Stops are the standard DPDT type, so I can do it that way. Your suggestion about using a relay makes sense. The inverting Buffer would be useless if power were lost.

Thanks for the heads up,

Al

I tried to purchase the 540, but I keep getting "We're sorry, but your transaction was not accepted. The following error code was returned: User authentication failed" after I confirm my purchase...

Any idea what's up?

Quote Originally Posted by cwm9 View Post
    I tried to purchase the 540, but I keep getting "We're sorry, but your transaction was not accepted. The following error code was returned: User authentication failed" after I confirm my purchase...

Any idea what's up?
    I get the same message.

Okay, I appear to have the problem fixed. I have been working on it since I got here at 8AM, and it should finally be taken care of. Apparently, in my typical bull in a china shop fashion, I accidentally erased some settings for accepting the credit cards online while editing the G540 page. It should be all taken care of now, and if you run into any trouble please let me know.

Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by CoAMarcus View Post
    Okay, I appear to have the problem fixed.
    Order went though, or at least I got a confirmation e-mail. Thanks!

so whats the consensus on power supplies and motors?

Hi Mariss and Marcus, just want to know, if someone order your excellent G540 driver outside of USA, how he can find out the shipping charge? (Many similar companies offer a world wide shipping calculator for this reason.) I mean from overseas, like Europe. Or we better wait till a third party dealer offers it for sale? Shipping could have make a great difference in overall pricing. I'm sure that I am not alone whit this concern. For its decent price it has to be a great purchase.

Thank you guys:

sse4

Its arrived!

Well thank you very much - from order, to in my hand in little over 3 days - International! Shipping extremely reasonable for the service and its a little cutie! Now just got to wait for my Fusion Kit ordered 3 weeks ago!:stickpoke
    10 out of 10 and a gold star - you can be very proud of your team.

Quote Originally Posted by sse4 View Post
    Hi Mariss and Marcus, just want to know, if someone order your excellent G540 driver outside of USA, how he can find out the shipping charge? (Many similar companies offer a world wide shipping calculator for this reason.) I mean from overseas, like Europe. Or we better wait till a third party dealer offers it for sale? Shipping could have make a great difference in overall pricing. I'm sure that I am not alone whit this concern. For its decent price it has to be a great purchase.

Thank you guys:

sse4
    sse4,

There is a thread about the new website designs in the Gecko forum. Post #7 talks about international orders. Here's a link:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62090

Cheers,
    Jack
    Walking is highly over-rated

Group or Gecko,

This may have been covered and I may have forgot about this subject.

Did the 'charge pump' make it into the final design (G540)?
    Browsing the manual, I didn't see it......

Thanks,
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by tauntdesigns View Post
    sse4,

There is a thread about the new website designs in the Gecko forum. Post #7 talks about international orders. Here's a link:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62090

Cheers,
    Jack

Jack.
    Thanks for the link it helped me decide.....

sse4

Quote Originally Posted by tauntdesigns View Post
    Group or Gecko,

This may have been covered and I may have forgot about this subject.

Did the 'charge pump' make it into the final design (G540)?
    Browsing the manual, I didn't see it......

Thanks,
    Jack
    Jack,

The charge pump will be in the next revision, which is currently being worked on. This revision does not have it.

Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by CoAMarcus View Post
    Jack,

The charge pump will be in the next revision, which is currently being worked on. This revision does not have it.

Marcus
    Marcus,

Thanks for the reply. FedEx will be here tomorrow with the G540 (3 days from order to front door).

Thanks again,
    Jack

G540 next revision (REV 2). I took some of the advice to heart and added a few additional goodies:

1) DISABLE will be renamed ENABLE. The ENABLE input must be shorted to GND to enable the G540. If ENABLE is left open then the G540 shuts down.

2) A watchdog timer (charge pump) is added. No 25kHz on the DB25 pin 16, no run.

3) The +5VDC input from the PC is eliminated. An isolated internal DC to DC converter coughs up the +5VDC at 10mA need for parallel port input pullup resistors.

4) Two general purpose outputs are eliminated, serviced by DB25 pins 14 and 16 in the current G540 REV1. Pin 16 is now the dedicated "charge pump" output and the use of pin 16 is discussed next (5).

5) An optoisolated VFD interface is added. The interface uses 3 terminal positions; VFD +V, VFD -V and VFD OUT. This circuit is completely isolated from the rest of the G540 to a minimum 300V breakdown voltage.

My understanding is most VFDs provide a remote potentiometer connection of 10VDC at 10mA. VFD +V goes to the '+' side of the pot connection, VFD -V goes to the '-' side and VFD OUT goes to the pot wiper or input connection. The output voltage range is from 0V to whatever '+' is (this must not be more than +12VDC). The VDF signal must be a PWM output on the DB25 pin 14. The -3db bandwidth is 5Hz.

6) A FAULT output back to the PC has been added. This output reads as a '1' when the G540 has faulted out (shut down) due to a short-circuit on a motor lead or when the ENABLE input to GND is disconnected (E-Stop). It is on the DB25 pin 15.

7) Internal ultra fast blow fuse protection. This is to help with the power supply polarity reversal thingy.:-)

8) We will be including 4 mating male DB9 connectors (solder cup type) and 4 sets of DB9 connector backshells with each G540 to ease the user's motor cable fabrication work.

Comments please.

Mariss

Sounds great! What would be the ETA on these and price difference? I'm still going too order tommorrow or Saturday, but just wondering.

-Jason

The new revisions sound Super! I'm confused about #3 though. Onboard 5 volts is good. Can you clarify the part about pullup resistors please?

Thanks,

CR.

Page 68 of 90 1858666768697078