585,931 active members*
4,052 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 48 of 90 38464748495058
    Slickster,

Thank you for your observations. May I ask you to solve the following problem?

Let's say you are a terrific engineer and design a drive called the Slickster-250. You design it with only $0.60 worth of parts instead of $6. Not only are you a great engineer but you are very quick as well. You can fill an order in 15 minutes. Can you tell me what your pricing would be? How much would it cost me to buy 1, 10, 100 or 1,000 Slickster-250s from you?

Piggy (AKA Mariss)

Far too much Oink here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSlickster View Post
    Hey Dude,
    After dogging the competitor several times, turnabout becomes fair play.
    Some of the crew will defend a hogs actions no matter what though.
    Bring it on.
    TheSlickster
    Not quite sure what you are complaining about. I don't remember seeing anywhere that a one off drive to a hobbiest will be $29, that's an assumption everyone made and was hoping for. The aim was to produce a drive for sale at $29, they have come close to that with the larger quantity purchase. They are also offering them at this price at a one off for all the whiners on this thread to take advantage. But since you're so disappointed "TheSlickster" and found a better alternative you wont need to take advantage of Gecko's introductory offer and wont need to post your complaints any more. If you do buy the G250 you will be creating hypocrisy or you will come up with excuses to justify it but not allow Gecko to justify their business decisions. As you imply there are plenty of other "cheap" drives out there, you are welcome to chose the one you want.

if the quality of these drives are the same as all the other gecko drives , then you won t find the same quality near the same price ,
    any fool who would like to compare or buy a chinese built driver thats the same price would have to be as bight as they are slick
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Cool

Hey Dude,

A couple words about your tale "Ad Hominem"

Guys, line up and turn your pockets inside out.

By the way selling several thousand reworked drives to us poor bast...'s
    is better than tossing your garbage in a landfill.

You are a hypocrite to say the least, several weeks ago you said several thousand dollars worth of bad boards was no big deal.

Bring it on

TheSlickster

Slickster, I think you meant ad homenim? Isn't it ironic that YOU should use these words?

Eleven posts and 10 of them negative! None of them with any reasonable contribution. Is your purpose here only to incite controversy? You are beginning to sound like a troll.

CR.

Hey Dude,

Bring it on

TheSlickster
    No Dude, just take it away. Just take your ball and go home. Oh that's right, it's not even your ball.

There's an old proverb about not showing the idiot a half-finished project because he is going to criticize it. You're quickly earning that poster-child roll.

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. - Mark Twain

what a qoute ! most excellent !

slickster... i am disappointed in the sudden price increase, but badgering marcus, wont do anyone any good.

guess i was just california dreamin'
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. - Mark Twain

what a qoute ! most excellent !

slickster... i am disappointed in the sudden price increase, but badgering marcus, wont do anyone any good.

guess i was just california dreamin'
    dan
    I read it in a tagline in another forum:
    Never argue with a stupid, they drag you to their level, and then beat you with experience...

So, when can I purchase some boards at the introductory price? is there a set date or we should refresh this thread till the notice is released?

Even at full price, geckos at $61 is a nice deal

ping

Any new updates?

Reading through and watching the development has been an eye opener.

Thanks for putting this out here

Hey Dude,

A couple words about your tale "Ad Hominem"

Guys, line up and turn your pockets inside out.

By the way selling several thousand reworked drives to us poor bast...'s
    is better than tossing your garbage in a landfill.

You are a hypocrite to say the least, several weeks ago you said several thousand dollars worth of bad boards was no big deal.

Bring it on

TheSlickster
    Hey, DUDE!
    What part of the competition do you work for? You obviously aren't interested in purchasing electronics so your objective has to be something nefarious, like maybe driving your competitions price below the profit line or just building discontent amongst the buying public. Either way, you are transparent and as invited above you should just pick up your toys and split!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

maris-

i still want some.......no whining or complaining.....you have done a great job.....thank you!

aside from the topic of the cost.....
    what breakout board are most of you going to use with these drives ?
    dan

I will wait for the G540. It IS a breakout board. And it magically converts the G250s into "Morphing Vampires."

CR.

@#$%^&* CNCzone! Another 30-minute reply wasted when I hit "post reply" because of a timeout issue. No warning, no way to retrieve what was written. What a monumental waste of time.

Grrr.....

Mariss

Sorry to hear that. Bet it was a good one! I find it best to copy a long post into clipboard before posting--For insurance.

CR.

I usually do that but not this time. You would think if you are logged in, courtesy would be to give a warning you are about to be dumped. I get that with gotomypc so how hard would it be? What gets me is at work I'm logged in all day; here at home it seems I get 5 minutes (this time) or hours other times. I just didn't figure I'd get the 5 minute limit today. Go figure; we pay for advertising here so you'd think I'd catch a break.:-)

Yeah, it was a good one; a whole bunch of new good stuff on the G540. I'm not rewriting it; I'm calling it a day.

Mariss

Quote Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post
    @#$%^&* CNCzone! Another 30-minute reply wasted when I hit "post reply" because of a timeout issue. No warning, no way to retrieve what was written. What a monumental waste of time.

Grrr.....

Mariss

Can't help with the lost data, it's probably gone, but as a suggestion you might consider picking a habit I formed to avoid exactly this sort of frustration. I use one of my word processors and then cut and paste. I get a better spell check in the bargain.

Keep your spirits up, old friend, this kind of person does not warrant an ulcer. Not even a moments discomfort!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Hummm lets see if I understand this

$15 to process an order--okay

so I buy 3 drives @$31 = $93 + $15 = $108

or I can not pay the handling

3 drives @ $61 = $183

me thinks I would rather be charged for the handling

Hey even one drive is $46 with handling instead of $61

Me thinks Gecko does not want to put their distributers out of business, their call. It was a nice dream while it lasted

another thing...
    if the drives come in a sheet of 12, why not have a price break at 3 and 4
    one snap, there is a line of 4 drives still connected, vacpack them that way.
    most people will buy 3 or 4 at a time anyways. reduced handling
    dan

I don't recall ever reading here that these drives would be available from Gecko for the low price of $29. Also the $29 was an initial target price.

These very well may become available at a very low cost close to the $29 from a reseller. The one that can buy 1008 drives may just sell these @ like $39 or so. That would earn them just less than $8 per drive. These numbers are likely way off. Just taking a WAG as a ferinstance.

Soooo, these drives will be cheaper than the $61 from a reseller. That is a given. Otherwise the middleman can't make a go at it and might choose to resell widgits.

I suggest the ones doing the most complaining or the ones on tight budgets, get in early on these low cost closeouts. I will hold off on ordering just for you guys. Actually, I need the 4 banger myself.
    Lee

Page 48 of 90 38464748495058