584,863 active members*
4,999 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 25 of 90 1523242526273575

Power supply

Ok, maybe I was going about this in the wrong way and asking the wrong questions. What would you guys recommend for a power supply, to get the most out of these devices?

- Andrey -

Marris, apologize me for that sentimental words, I am just too sensitive these days.

Best Regards, Ichan.

Yes I won :banana::banana: Thanks people at Geckodrive.

Quote Originally Posted by alipavsky View Post
    Ok, maybe I was going about this in the wrong way and asking the wrong questions. What would you guys recommend for a power supply, to get the most out of these devices?
    - Andrey -
    to reduce your 55VAC down to say 35VAC you will have to remove approximately 40% of the windings from the secondary side of the transformer. Transformers are just a standard ratio thing, calculate the % change in voltage you want and remove/add that number of windings to the secondary. It all depends on how easy it is to pull your transformer apart to remove windings, can also take 10 windings off at a time and plug it in to check the voltage. If you want 48VDC cheap, get 4 XT computer power supplies and put the 12V line in series (make sure you remove earth/ground from all but one supply). There are instructions for this on a couple of websites, google it.

what is the largest gage wire that the little screw terminals will hold?

are they here yet ?

jsut looked on the gecko site.
    cant find any g250 or g251's , 450
    let me know when they come out
    dan

ps. looking at them as a upgrade for the Pminmo drivers i have they are great drivers within thier limits, but i want to drive my motors at full amps (3)

I am so impressed by this exercise and the philosophy behind it that 4 of these drives will be my first purchase for my CNC mill project- as soon as they are available - before the Taig mill, steppers or power supply components. I think this is the most effective way I can put my support behind the idea that we can still manufacture quality items for sale at reasonable prices here.

Pretorien

skmetal,

The maximum wire gauge is 16. Here is the datasheet for the connectors so you can see everything about them: http://www.on-shore.com/catalog2/ED555DS.pdf

sawmiller,

The drives will be available very soon, most likely in early May. The PCBs are being made as I type this, and we should have them very soon. As soon as we get them, we will run the machines and churn them out as fast as possible. Patience is a virtue. ;-)

-Marcus Freimanis

Marcus,

It's a shame your not using pluggable connectors.

Cheers,

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by CoAMarcus View Post
    skmetal,

The maximum wire gauge is 16. Here is the datasheet for the connectors so you can see everything about them: http://www.on-shore.com/catalog2/ED555DS.pdf

sawmiller,

The drives will be available very soon, most likely in early May. The PCBs are being made as I type this, and we should have them very soon. As soon as we get them, we will run the machines and churn them out as fast as possible. Patience is a virtue. ;-)

-Marcus Freimanis
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

The G540 board layout was finished today and the gerber files were sent in for 5-day turn prototype boards. The sheet-metal drawings will be finished tomorrow and will be let to our CNC sheet-metal vendor. The G250 prototype has been fully tested now and all the needed data has been taken. It will now be sacrificed for destructive testing data. Kind of like what they do with aircraft prototypes when the wings are loaded with sandbags to confirm ultimate structural strength load calculations. These series of tests will continue until it becomes unrepairable.

Mariss

Glad to hear it is coming together so quickly. Although I am sure i will end up having to actually buy it when it is released I am still looking forward to the next contest.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfdagon View Post
    Glad to hear it is coming together so quickly. Although I am sure i will end up having to actually buy it when it is released I am still looking forward to the next contest.
    HINT HINT. He He :banana:

If I understand it correctly..the G250 will be $30...the G251 will
    be $40. Any idea of price on the G540 yet?

Looking forward to them...

John

Sorry if I've missed it...

We are shooting for a price below $300 on the G540, and hopefully well below that. I am currently finding the price of all the components that will go into the G540, and we should have a good idea of how much it will cost fairly soon.

-Marcus Freimanis

Thanks Marcus!

so how many g251s are in your first production run? and is there anyway that us cnczoners, who have been waiting for these drives for months, can have first dibs?

I call 3 g251s!

Our first production run is going to be 240 to gauge how well they work. I will post up here when production begins, and will update you guys with anything relating to the progress of the drives until they are released. Our contest winners will be shipped first (of which there will be one or two more coming up), and then they will go on sale soon after. We want to make sure we have product to ship before we put it up on the website, so we will have about a week of production necessary to build up stock.

After we are sure they work as promised, we will go ahead with a full order of PCBs. That will be in the 2,000 board range and will be run ASAP.

-Marcus Freimanis

i can not wait!

Hi,

We got the G540 prototype boards in Friday. The first prototype board is assembled and 4 G250 drives are plugged in for picture taking. Testing of the prototype begins Monday. Once testing is finished, we will order production quantity G540 boards.

Mariss
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G540-1 copy.jpg   G540-2 copy.jpg   G540-3 copy.jpg   G540-4 copy.jpg  

Looking good. Hope all testing goes well so that production can begin.

Kenith

Page 25 of 90 1523242526273575